PDA

View Full Version : 3gee coupe i've found

HondaBoy
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
well this must be the same car i'd seen a while back. its a white LX-i coupe in pretty decent condition. i had seen it over by where i go to school last year, but now i see it close to where i live. they want $2500, but its been at that price for months and hasnt sold. i'd be willing to give them a bit less, maybe between $1500-2000. it did say OBO so thats a plus. i'm sure if i hand them cash they will accept. but yeah, this isnt such a common car around here where i live. it looks good. to make sure i'd have to actually look at the car, have them start it and then drive it. but a chance to own a coupe, i dont think i should pass this up. but i still need to sell my jetta to make room if i want another 3gee as a keeper. found an '87 sedan, but would likely use it for parts then sell it. i may go check both out though. i really would love a coupe. even better if its a 5 speed. might have to make some time to go look at them.

cubert
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
if you were closer id say ill take the vw off your hands...

HondaBoy
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
i could only wish that. i think i may just have to bite my lip and put it in the local ad sack paper. i mean i'm wanting $350 for the jetta, and it has some extra stuff to go with it. the desirable door handles that always break, rebuilt ac compressor. needs a head gasket and fuel system cleaning, and a new windshield. maybe its such a pos that i'll have to sell it for even cheaper, i did originally get it for $50 + ttl that was a waste of money.

MessyHonda
10-13-2007, 12:31 AM
cool a coupe would be nice.

HondaBoy
11-06-2007, 03:01 PM
they've lowered the price to $1500. i believe this is an '89. it is an LX-i, has a 5 speed, 230000+ miles. very decent body for being from around here, usually would have some rust. needs a wax. i dunno if this would be a pos or not, but i should take a look. although i dont see myself spending $1500 when that can be part of a down payment on a newer car. but i have always loved a 3gee coupe. so it up in the air right now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC07006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC07007.jpg

russiankid
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
It looks to be in good condition. I would get it as a project car.

cubert
11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
offer them like 900 bucks or something..if the car has been sitting for that long they are probably pretty desperate to get rid of it.

guaynabo89
11-08-2007, 08:10 PM
offer them like 900 bucks or something..if the car has been sitting for that long they are probably pretty desperate to get rid of it.

yup.

leave ur number and walk away. If they call you know you got em.