PDA

View Full Version : Yes Its Alive!

Blk87dx
10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
well after about 3 months of my 3 gee just sitting there, and couldn't figure out the problem i finally took the time and catch my bearings on it and i found out the problem. i had replaced quite a few things trying to get it running again, starter, coil, plugs wires, fuel filters, fuel pump. and well i went to attempt to start it today and i noticed that it wouldn't start sos i threw some gas down the carb and well it started. so i checked my fuel line and it was completely bone dry. so i tor into the new fuel pump to see if there was any fuel coming out of it. i cracked it over without the fuel line connected and sure as shit it wasn't pumping. i still had the old fuel pump so i quickly threw it back in (like 10 min at most) and so i tried it again and that pump worked just fine it was pumping gas just fine. so i basically paid 170 dollars for a look a like fuel pump paper weight. it started up just fine, but now the only problem i am having is when it gets off the high idle it sputters really really bad and then it dies but when you give it gas it perks up just fine. any knowledge about this problem or how to fix it?

A18A
10-13-2007, 10:24 PM
timing too retarded?

Blk87dx
10-13-2007, 10:30 PM
yea maybe but here is the thing i took off the accord reluctor and put a civic one on. and if i am right the timing is off by like 60 degrees is what i was told and i dont think i can retard it or advance it enough to fix that problem but it was running fine i drove it for a little bit today and then my heater hose blew up so i had to go and part t for the night.

labeledsk8r
10-13-2007, 10:59 PM
yea maybe but here is the thing i took off the accord reluctor and put a civic one on. and if i am right the timing is off by like 60 degrees is what i was told and i dont think i can retard it or advance it enough to fix that problem but it was running fine i drove it for a little bit today and then my heater hose blew up so i had to go and part t for the night.

what if you pop the cam a tooth or so then time it from there? getting it closer would help

Cheeseburger
10-13-2007, 11:44 PM
awesome!

Blk87dx
10-13-2007, 11:47 PM
what if you pop the cam a tooth or so then time it from there? getting it closer would help

what do you mean pop a cam tooth?

labeledsk8r
10-13-2007, 11:52 PM
what do you mean pop a cam tooth?

the old school trick for over advanseing /retarding, you can lossen your timeing belt and turn the cam sproket one tooth advanced or retarded. i forgot how many degrees its worth.. i think its in a cam gear thread, but you might be able to use the trick to get it to time right if its really that far off timeing

Blk87dx
10-14-2007, 12:14 AM
eh ya i dont really want to pull anything else apart right now i really need to get this thing up and going agian ill just go to the junk yard and get a type f reluctor. made for the accord. but i heard somthing about the idle screw could that possibly it? i mean it sputters really bad when at idle rpm's but not at higher and if the timeing were off i would think that it would do that throughout the whole thing and not just the idle

labeledsk8r
10-14-2007, 12:19 AM
eh ya i dont really want to pull anything else apart right now i really need to get this thing up and going agian ill just go to the junk yard and get a type f reluctor. made for the accord. but i heard somthing about the idle screw could that possibly it? i mean it sputters really bad when at idle rpm's but not at higher and if the timeing were off i would think that it would do that throughout the whole thing and not just the idle

true, yeah its alot better to do it the corect way i guess lol. um im not to familer with the f/i setup on the accord but if its anything like the carbs you can fidle with it a little and see if it gets better? if it just gets worse just remember how you had it before adjusting. and on the idle being rong, higher revs helps even out bad timeing, bad timeng just has a hard time keeping the engine running at low speeds. so i would def get the accord reluctor and then see were your at after that

Blk87dx
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
BTW people this is a carbed 3gee.

Blk87dx
10-14-2007, 12:25 AM
ya i will try adjusting the screw but i would still like comments concerns and what not to be posted up so i can take a look at them. so i can have every aspect to what i am looking at. (not used to all these damn vaccum lines)

labeledsk8r
10-14-2007, 02:05 AM
ohhh your carbed lol.. thats a difrent story. check your float level make sure its correct, if its not then adjust your screw till its correct. but im guessing its just bad timeing

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 05:29 AM
well after about 3 months of my 3 gee just sitting there, and couldn't figure out the problem i finally took the time and catch my bearings on it and i found out the problem. i had replaced quite a few things trying to get it running again, starter, coil, plugs wires, fuel filters, fuel pump. and well i went to attempt to start it today and i noticed that it wouldn't start sos i threw some gas down the carb and well it started. so i checked my fuel line and it was completely bone dry. so i tor into the new fuel pump to see if there was any fuel coming out of it. i cracked it over without the fuel line connected and sure as shit it wasn't pumping. i still had the old fuel pump so i quickly threw it back in (like 10 min at most) and so i tried it again and that pump worked just fine it was pumping gas just fine. so i basically paid 170 dollars for a look a like fuel pump paper weight. it started up just fine, but now the only problem i am having is when it gets off the high idle it sputters really really bad and then it dies but when you give it gas it perks up just fine. any knowledge about this problem or how to fix it?you can also keep that fuel pump hanger and get just a new pump for it,get the bosch one it's the best out of all of them.

Blk87dx
10-14-2007, 07:48 AM
where is the float adjustment screw.sorry im used to chevy carbs lol.

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 07:51 AM
where is the float adjustment screw.sorry im used to chevy carbs lol.
um can someone post him a pic? also when you adjust don't turn it more then a quarter turn every thirty seconds,this gives the fuel level time to stabilize.

Blk87dx
10-14-2007, 08:02 AM
oh ok i can take some pics later and post what i got i got some shots of the car just not of like the carb, engine bay ect.

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
oh ok i can take some pics later and post what i got i got some shots of the car just not of like the carb, engine bay ect.
oh i just wanted someone to take a pic of the carb top so i could show you where the float adjustment is. i have a ton of pics but they are on my old hard drive.

MessyHonda
10-14-2007, 01:29 PM
it feels good when it starts up....i didnt start mine dx for 3 months....my fuel had gone bad...so i put in some fresh fuel and it ran good.

Blk87dx
10-16-2007, 08:06 AM
well ok i found the float screw that didnt help at all. i am still having very irradic idle issues. is there another way to time a car? i cant seem to find the nitch mark on the crank pully.