PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan problems

race12001
10-14-2007, 12:05 AM
ok so here is the question is there a fusable link in between the cooling fan and fuseblock see mine will not come on even when i jumped the relay ive checkad all the fuses and i even took the cooling fans out of my parts car and put them in this one but i still cant get them to come on not even the ac cooling fan ive done every thing except cutting the wires and running them to a switch to get them to come on.

race12001
10-14-2007, 10:21 AM
bump

labeledsk8r
10-15-2007, 01:35 AM
well i can say i do not belive there is a fuseable link on the fans, just the normal fuses under the hood for them, wow kinda a trick question you allready tried the jumper with no luck, and even tried a difrent set of fans... so that rules out bad relay and bad fan motors...so um all thats really left is to check the fan sensors themselves.. but it shoulda came on with the jumper... that or check the fan buy wither cuting or fabing sometihng to the plug to test them... sorry i cant be of more help on that

Civic Accord Honda
10-15-2007, 02:02 AM
u can wire them to a switch and turn them on when the car starts geting warm

race12001
10-15-2007, 07:40 AM
yea i was hoping i could get by without cutting any wires im gonna try the sensors off my parts car but illl just have to see what will happen

labeledsk8r
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM
yea i was hoping i could get by without cutting any wires im gonna try the sensors off my parts car but illl just have to see what will happen

yeah that might be a good idea, there has to be a way to test them, i just exactly remember how, mayby some one will chime in on that

DBMaster
10-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, guys. There are two different types of sensors for the fans and one switch/relay. The two sensors are the temp sensor in the bottom tank of the radiator and the temp switch with the green connector on the thermostat housing. The former activates the fans when the coolant gets warm enough and the latter tells the ECU to activate the condenser (smaller) fan for 15 minutes if the engine is off and above a certain temperature. The switch/relay activates both fans whenever the A/C compressor clutch is engaged. I have replaced my condenser fan twice. My car never runs hot so I ended up finding out by chance that the small fan was not working. If you have not already done so I would check the condition of all the connectors. With age the wire insulation gets pretty brittle. I have had wires break loose right at the connectors due to rotting and corrosion. Also, there is a fan relay near the driver's side of the radiator you could check. Double check that your motors are good by both connecting them directly to the battery with jumpers and testing voltage on the engine side of the harnesses. You might be surprised to find out that the fan motors are bad.

race12001
10-15-2007, 08:57 AM
no i know the motors are good the worked when i took them out of my parts car but i will try and find that relay

race12001
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
ok does anyone have a pic or a diagram of this relay cause i cant seem to find it i dont know if i am even looking in the right area

DBMaster
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I hope I am not steering you wrong. If no one else answers today PM me and I will look it up in my shop manual. I should be able to scan the page and email it to you. I checked it once a very long time ago - 1998 maybe. I am almost sure it is mounted to the back of the radiator support.