PDA

View Full Version : fuzion tires - help

wasgivenanaccord
10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi
I just picked up a set of Fuzion HRi tires for my Accord (not yet on the road) and am having a slight break of logic... The tires appear to have a directional pattern but come marked "inside" and "outside" instead of showing the direction of rotation. While this marking would set the rotation correct for one side, what happens on the other? Do I reverse the mounting (putting the "inside" side out)? or just mount them the way they are labelled? Thanks
Shawn

MessyHonda
10-14-2007, 01:58 PM
put them on the way they are labeled.

wasgivenanaccord
10-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Will do - thanks :)

Why are they labelled in and out - just out of curiosity?

azazel_18_2
10-14-2007, 03:47 PM
My nitto neo gens are the same. They are labeled inside and outside.

ZackieDarko
10-14-2007, 06:28 PM
My nitto neo gens are the same. They are labeled inside and outside.

qft

ghettogeddy
10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
i under stand what hes saying my toyo's are labeled left and right with a directional arrow i guess all u need to do is find out what the direction of the tread is supposed to be and mount them that way

labeledsk8r
10-15-2007, 02:22 AM
i am interested in this aswell, my dunlop SP 300's are this way labeled inside and out yet when on my car the driver side looks fine put the pass side seems like the tread is faceing backwards, i know it most likely doesnt matter wich way the tread points but it just looks off, so im intrested to know aswell

mushroom_toy
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah they are like that so its ok to put them on the way they are labeled. If you put them on the right way the tread will be facing opposite ways on each side. I have some on the front of my car. Very good tire for the money in my opinion. Handle good for me in the mountains.

ghettogeddy
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah they are like that so its ok to put them on the way they are labeled. If you put them on the right way the tread will be facing opposite ways on each side. I have some on the front of my car. Very good tire for the money in my opinion. Handle good for me in the mountains.

no way should the tread be facing the opposite way directional tires mean directional

My directional tires were mounted incorrectly and are rotating in the wrong direction. What should I do?

Tires with a "directional" tread design are intended to roll and perform in a given direction. The sidewall will have arrows indicating the rolling direction fo the tire. If installed in the wrong direction the tire will not perform its intended function. However, no damage or premature wear to the tire will result. The tire should be dismounted and remounted to roll in the proper direction.

but like it said it wont hurt anything

labeledsk8r
10-15-2007, 07:45 PM
no way should the tread be facing the opposite way directional tires mean directional

he never said they had directional markings he said it had side markings and it "looks like" the direction is backwards, looks ugly but does nothing

ghettogeddy
10-15-2007, 08:25 PM
he never said they had directional markings he said it had side markings and it "looks like" the direction is backwards, looks ugly but does nothing
this is form tire rack

NOTE: While initially appearing somewhat directional, the Fuzion HRi tread design is asymmetric, allowing it to be mounted on either side of the vehicle.

why make a tire look directional that isent like they got half way through the production and was like wait lets just not make the other side lol

and form the prices ive seen u should have went with some nittos or toyo proxes 4's witch are true directional tires

labeledsk8r
10-15-2007, 08:33 PM
this is form tire rack

why make a tire look directional that isent like they got half way through the production and was like wait lets just not make the other side lol

and form the prices ive seen u should have went with some nittos or toyo proxes 4's witch are true directional tires

so whats your point? we allready knew it wasnt a true directional tire, but it has i inside wall and an outside wall, i think his question was more like does he really need to listen to that side wall thing becuse he would rather see them all pointing in the same direction

ghettogeddy
10-15-2007, 08:43 PM
so whats your point? we already knew it wasn't a true directional tire, but it has i inside wall and an outside wall, i think his question was more like does he really need to listen to that side wall thing because he would rather see them all pointing in the same direction

well i read on a couple other sites that had the same prob, that they were to be mounted with the outside marking, one guy said the shop had did it so the tread matched, but everyone said to have them re mounted.

but then again it also says that it doesn't matter witch way the tire is facing it wont harm it ether way, but then i wounder if the outside wall is more reinforced then the inside.

the only true way to find out is to contact fusion them selfs and ask

and heres what tire rack says about asymmetric tires

ASYMMETRIC TIRES ONLY

All tires should show sidewall branding indicating side facing outward.

so u have to mount them the way they say but i still dont see the logic in this how could it make it better at all lol

best definition or asymmetric tire as a could find

Asymmetric pattern: Tread patterns which differ on either side of the tire -

* Asymmetric tires have been designed to optimize the opposing requirements of dry grip and water dispersal. They are good for high speed cornering due to the greater contact area which helps reduce tread wear on the outside shoulder.
* Application: High performance and Motorsport tires.

Demon1024
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Are directional tires more durable or do they just cost less to make. mine are labled in a direction and are honestly the first tires i've seen like this.

The guy who sold them to me said it would tear them up to run them backwards?

ghettogeddy
10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Are directional tires more durable or do they just cost less to make. mine are labled in a direction and are honestly the first tires i've seen like this.

irectional pattern: Tread patterns characterized by lateral grooves on both sides of the tire which point in the same direction. -

* Advantages of directional tread patterns are good driving force and braking performance. In particular directional patterns provide good water dispersal for greater stability on wet roads.
* Directional tires must be mounted in the direction of the tread pattern.
* Applications: Passenger car tire for high-speed use.

Demon1024
10-15-2007, 11:31 PM
kick ASS!

Hauntd ca3
10-16-2007, 09:28 PM
generally, if a tire is directional
Its carcass is designed to rotate in one direction and they sometimes cut the tread so that they only go on one sideof the car.
if you dont mount them in the specified way on the rim,they will not perform
as the manufacturer intended and can be unsafe.
They wont pump water as intended and cornering/braking grip is reduced
dramatically.
So if it says inside/outside wit a rotation arrow on the side
Mount them that way

wasgivenanaccord
10-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Has anyone heard backfrom Bridgestone / Fuzion about the logic behind the tires? I shot them off an email but no response so far... It's more a matter of curiosity now for me as to the logic behind the tires - I'm not about to do anything extreme in my car - and with ontario's new laws don't get over 100km/h...

mushroom_toy
10-17-2007, 09:49 AM
For prices these are great I paid $100 bucks for tires, mounting and balanced with alignment from firestone themself. I have had no problem with them at all while cornering, besides them being slighly softer of a tire and wearing a little faster. But I drive spirited all the time, so tire wear is a given for me.

cubert
10-17-2007, 12:02 PM
i have the fuzion zri's or whatever the hell they are called mounted on fat fives on my civic. For the price i payed im more than happy with them

halxi
10-17-2007, 06:22 PM

what that little bit of info ghetto posted doesnt tell you, and it was part of your question.

Directional tires have a tendency to wear faster then an Asymmetrical tire, or a "radial".

cygnus x-1
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
If a tire has a specified in-side and out-side it is NOT directional. On a directional tire the in-side and out-side would be opposite from driver side to passenger side.

My guess as to why these tires have the inside and outside specified is because the outer sidewall is different from the inner sidewall. This makes some sense because of how the vehicles weight transfer works (outside wheels get more weight) when cornering. Another possibility is that the tread compound is different across the tire.

Fuzion's website blows BTW. No useful information.

C|

gp02a0083
10-19-2007, 05:49 AM
i just got at the end of the summer a set if Hri's , decent tire, just mount them the way its labeled on the tire, i think its the passenger side thats gonna look like its mounted backward, only thing that i'm seeing is that tire rotations would seem to be more critical.