PDA

View Full Version : manifold for twin Weber 45 DCOE's?

3geeandEF
10-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Any company make them? or should i have to make one?

2ndGenGuy
10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
You'll have to have one made for the A20.

3geeandEF
10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I figured, any idea where i can get all the flanges?

2oodoor
10-15-2007, 10:28 AM
actually you would probably WANT to make them to suit your particular car because of all the variables of the install. Example, linkage set up, intake choice, interchageability among other Webers, just to name a few.
You may get lucky and find someone selling one already with carbs and hardware.

3geeandEF
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
well i already decided i wanna run the 45's on it just because im gonna be using more top end power then bottom end, using a 282 cam with custom header and exhaust through a skunk 2 muffler most likely, i know i wanna go with a 83.5mm bore cus well imlooking for top end so im gonna want more rev's out. Any suggestions as far as making the manifold?

cygnus x-1
10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
You need to talk to rjudgey. He is THE DCOE expert around here. He'll show up here pretty soon I would imagine.

C|

3geeandEF
10-15-2007, 09:45 PM
well if i gotta make a manifold someone point me in the direction of flanges, for the carbs, and one for the exhaust manifold cus i'll be making a header as well. while im at it, will the 5 speed from a 88 prelude bolt on? cus i can get one for
$100.

2oodoor
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
intake flanges,Head side/ most folks are just using the factory manifold and cutting it past the runners. I have also heard of some made from FI intake mani.
Carb side, you could cut some off a vw bug weber intakes. or get adapter plates (probably more costly) from weber and tig it together. Figure using a rubber isolator on both sides for anit vibration.

wait for rjudgey the DCOE hands on guy

labeledsk8r
10-16-2007, 01:28 AM
well if i gotta make a manifold someone point me in the direction of flanges, for the carbs, and one for the exhaust manifold cus i'll be making a header as well. while im at it, will the 5 speed from a 88 prelude bolt on? cus i can get one for
$100.

just to answer your question on the prelude trany, no it will not fit, you can build a hybrid with i belive teg gears? in the a20 bell houseing, you can fit a 2nd gen prelude trany aswell as the 2g lude had an a20 aswell but an 88 lude is a no go, if your auto looking for 5 speed swap stuff theres plenti of them getting parted out on this site for a resonable price

2oodoor
10-17-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62073
you may need to post on prelude power due to bunch of bull shiot that happend, I missed this thread somehow but found it today

cygnus x-1
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62073
you may need to post on prelude power due to bunch of bull shiot that happend, I missed this thread somehow but found it today

:rofl: That is HILARIOUS! My face hurts from laughing so hard! :rofl:

Anyway, I just pinged Rich over on PP and let him know his advice is requested here.

C|

rjudgey
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey all finally someone who wants to run webers :o)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/281725

Go to that link to see what you can do with 45's and a few tweeks :O)

http://a456.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/53/l_c7ba3c458accfcd4bf3ffd9c4b53777f.jpg

And also check out this you'll be needing these too Bigger valves!!!!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=153430959&albumId=0

Got any more questions drop me an e-mail at [email protected] this site seems to be a bit quiet these days for people wanting serious engine mods.

BTW had a 200bhp ET1 with stock blueprinted block with 2.0l pistons and CR ratio of about 9:1 with a modified stock cast manifold still and badly made crush bent 2.25" stainless steel exhaust so i reckon my next engine which will have everything perfect and only the best of the best should get me nearer to my 250bhp target for a 2.0l SOHC 12 valve engine.

2ndGenGuy
10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey wanna ship me an ET1 head since we have none here in North America? $$$$

lostforawhile
10-18-2007, 02:22 PM
intake flanges,Head side/ most folks are just using the factory manifold and cutting it past the runners. I have also heard of some made from FI intake mani.
Carb side, you could cut some off a vw bug weber intakes. or get adapter plates (probably more costly) from weber and tig it together. Figure using a rubber isolator on both sides for anit vibration.

wait for rjudgey the DCOE hands on guypiercemanifolds.com they should be able to get you the flanges for the carb side and some of the linkage hardware etc.

3geeandEF
10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
you did a pretty good job on that manifold RJ, let me know where you got those flanges and what kind of metal you were using for that as well. just let me know.

lostforawhile
10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
you will need a balance tube to tie them together,you can tap one end for vaccume for the brake booster.

3geeandEF
10-19-2007, 12:39 PM
well seeing that my accord needs 1700 dollars to get out of the storage its gonna take a while, but i found an abandoned 2nd gen with a penny size amount of rust on the rear passenger quarter panel.will post pics later.

2oodoor
10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
awww ,man.. I thought we were off and running for another dual weber build thread. Get the car and get started:)

3geeandEF
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh im still gonna do it haha, i already ordered the carbs 3 days ago and already had a 45 dcoe that i took out of a junkyard. just gotta get the flanges and tubing....and my car. I went back and said i was in Iraq and couldnt do anything about my car getting stolen and retreived. its a long story but in a nut shell im getting a good deal on a 1700$ storage fee.

2ndGenGuy
10-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Put them on the 2nd Gen!!! Do it! :)

rjudgey
10-20-2007, 03:15 PM
The flange on the head was water cut stainless steel, the flanges on the webers were pre made by another supplier in stainless steel and the tubing was stainless steel as well. I didn't amek them don't have welding gear and have never done any of that type of welding but i did the design and gave it to someone i know to weld up. I had a prototype in steel as well but that is know where near as nice as this stainless one which is just yummy and super long should get some real nice torque figures from this one :o)

lostforawhile
10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
The flange on the head was water cut stainless steel, the flanges on the webers were pre made by another supplier in stainless steel and the tubing was stainless steel as well. I didn't amek them don't have welding gear and have never done any of that type of welding but i did the design and gave it to someone i know to weld up. I had a prototype in steel as well but that is know where near as nice as this stainless one which is just yummy and super long should get some real nice torque figures from this one :o)
yea thats whi i designed the Su manifold to have such long runners,i wanted that low end torque