PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions. Sunroof and power window

EnSAn
10-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I just picked up an 89lx-i 2 door. The owner before me had a ton of old skool electronics in it. (alarm, car-phone, car-pager) anyhow I think he had something hooked up to the power windows that would close them. (I'm guessing here). So I'm wondering if anyone has a wire write up. I have the Chilton guide but it covers 2 different cars and way to many years.

Now the 2nd question. It has a sunroof (two way - slides all the way back or you can just have the back pop-up) anyhow I was looking at the engine fuses and the Sunroof (along with the powerlocks, car does not have powerlocks) has a cap over it. So I'm wondering would this be an aftermarket install?

Thanks. Sorry if this is confusing

Demon1024
10-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Do the window's not work now?

none acctually came with the sunroof but as i understand it was a dealer option,i dunno, but there's probably someone here who can tell you were to look for the fuse never had a sun roof:violin:

MessyHonda
10-17-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah the moonroof sounds aftermarket. and coupes did no come with power locks

EnSAn
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay so I think I'v found the problem. I'm getting power to the number 3 fuse but it's lost after that. My wipers no longer work too. So i think I might had sniped something when I was cutting a tie-wrap. I found a diagram and it shows that the wipers and windows are tied to the number 3 fuse (under-dash). Now the hunt begins.

POS carb
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
#3 under dash fuse feeds the combination switch (GRN/BLK), wiper motor(s) (GRN/BLK), sunroof close relay (GRN/BLK), and the power window relay (GRN/BLK) under the hood. This wire exits from the rear of the fuse box.

Since all of these systems failed it is likely the fuse is bad or the wire is cut near the dash fusebox. I would recommend swapping the fuse again, i've ran into fuses that look fine but are corroded and don't make contact.

EnSAn
10-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I have tried a few fuses. I'm almost tempted to link it with a wire. The fuses do fit loosely in there.

EDIT!!!

It's the fuse panel. It doesn't hold the fuse tight enough to get current passed. Well got the wipers and drivers door window to work. However the Pass is not working. I know the motor works cuz I hooked the battery up to it so I could raise the window. Any quick tips to check?