PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket cruise control?

conozo
10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
are there aftermarket cruise control units that will work with a weber carb setup without heavy modication. I am considering upgrading to a weber carb but i cannot loose my cruise control. If i upgrade to weber i want to get rid of all the vacuum lines including the massive cruise control unit.

I am looking at the Audiovox CCS100, it seems to be reliable and compatible with more cars than other units.

dlr1989
10-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I know that this not the answer that you want, but....If your factory cruise control still functions properly, consider keeping it. I have installed at least 3 aftermarket cruise control units on my own vehicles over the years and and helped install a number of them for others, none of them worked as good a properly working factory unit. Experience says that you will most likely not be too pleased with the performance of an aftermarket unit compared to your factory cruise control. An aftermarket cruise control will still have sensors and wires to them, it will have a control unit that will take up space with cable(s) to the carb, you will have wires for power and the controls inside the car. You also may lose the use of your steering wheel mounted factory controls.

The best advise I have to offer is. If you want cruise control, consider keeping the factory setup. If you can't live with the factory unit, then consider doing without cruise control.

lostforawhile
10-18-2007, 07:04 PM
are there aftermarket cruise control units that will work with a weber carb setup without heavy modication. I am considering upgrading to a weber carb but i cannot loose my cruise control. If i upgrade to weber i want to get rid of all the vacuum lines including the massive cruise control unit.

I am looking at the Audiovox CCS100, it seems to be reliable and compatible with more cars than other units.why are you having trouble making the cruise work with the webbers? it works off of a linkage on the gas pedal, it doesn't care what carbs are on there. your choice of carbs has no bearing on the factory cruise.

luisgonzalez
06-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Does anyone have pics on how a Webber with stock cc looks like? Or a how to do it?

lostforawhile
06-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Read the thread before posting the question the thread just answered, it works off of the gas pedal the type of carb has no bearing on the cruise