PDA

View Full Version : Wideband O2 in the egr port

Oldblueaccord
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Think I could put a wideband O2 in the EGR port in the manifold just to make it simple? Just thinking about that answering the EGR question.

wp

MessyHonda
10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
its cheper to get a bung welded to the downpipe...that is what i did.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/DSCF3100.jpg

the EGR can be blocked off with a auto tranny fill bolt....fits in perfect.

Oldblueaccord
10-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Well I got the EGR pipe blocked off with bolts anyway. Just thought it would be a lil easier and neater to do. I think its to close to the engine myself. Ill write Invovate and see what they think.

wp

Vanilla Sky
10-18-2007, 05:09 PM
I thought it was best if the wideband was in the path of all of the exhaust gasses.

EricW
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't remember what the stock manifold looks like(but i remember what the pacesetter looks like) but I wouldn't put it in the egr location since it will only see one cylinder and its located away from the the flow of the exhaust. O2 bungs are only $5 anyways so it would be easy to just have it put in the correct location.

POS carb
10-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't remember what the stock manifold looks like(but i remember what the pacesetter looks like) but I wouldn't put it in the egr location since it will only see one cylinder and its located away from the the flow of the exhaust. O2 bungs are only $5 anyways so it would be easy to just have it put in the correct location.

amen
that is an expensive plug that won't be giving you the full picture if it is installed on the egr port, it was a good theory though

2oodoor
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
amen
that is an expensive plug that won't be giving you the full picture if it is installed on the egr port, it was a good theory though

^^yep

how much pressure is there at that port anyway? mini turbo ftw!!!

88Accord-DX
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
EGR port is only used after the engine is warmed up & on 1/4 to 3/4 or so on the throttle. 02 sensor there won't do any good. Plus, I don't think you can get a good weld on a bung on that thin EGR pipe, being the bung is big & braising involved.

http://images.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_0712_07z+holden_HSV_maloo_r8+front_three_quart er_view.jpg