PDA

View Full Version : Side moulding question

Bones
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
I did a search but was unable to find an answer ...

Would the side mouldings from an 86/87 mount up on an 88/89 without major mods? I found info about painting the side mouldings, replacing the clips, and shaving them off, but nothing about interchanging from one style to the other.

I like the smoother, flatter look of the 86/87 style mouldings over the bulkier looking 88/89 style on my LXi.

forrest89sei
10-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I did a search but was unable to find an answer ...

Would the side mouldings from an 86/87 mount up on an 88/89 without major mods? I found info about painting the side mouldings, replacing the clips, and shaving them off, but nothing about interchanging from one style to the other.

I like the smoother, flatter look of the 86/87 style mouldings over the bulkier looking 88/89 style on my LXi.

Yes, there interchangeable

You'll Need

The Front Fender ones
Door Ones
and the ones behind the rear door

Bones
10-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Cool!

Gonna start stripping junkyard cars this weekend then I think. I may even paint em to match the body color before mounting them as well!

DBMaster
10-19-2007, 07:00 AM
I wonder if the 86-87 hatch moldings would fit my 89 coupe. I like those moldings better, too. I wouldn't even worry so much about the clips that are sure to break no matter how careful you are. They are just too old and brittle. You can attach it to the car with the gray 3M heavy duty adhesive tape, or glue it on with 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Too bad Honda didn't do that from the factory. It would be so much easier to shave the moldings...