PDA

View Full Version : to rebuild them or not to rebuild them, that is the question

ZackieDarko
10-20-2007, 08:04 AM
my SE-i rear calipers are toast

should i

A.) rebuild teh bitches

B.) get new ones for $100 a pop at autozone?

i already have pads (ceramic baby whoooooooooooooooooooo) and e-brake brackets so they need not be loaded

suggestions

bobafett
10-20-2007, 08:16 AM
i am in the same boat as you. my sei shit is all seized up. Personally I will probably just buy empty calipers so I know everything is happy. :) Luckily I am not to that phase in my swap yet so I can put it off lmao!

ZackieDarko
10-20-2007, 09:09 AM
i am in the same boat as you. my sei shit is all seized up. Personally I will probably just buy empty calipers so I know everything is happy. :) Luckily I am not to that phase in my swap yet so I can put it off lmao!

i am 50% through my suspesion/brake upgrades

11.1" fronts are on all i need for the rear is new trailing arms cause teh 86's are ghey and new calipers cause my old ones are all fubar :(

MessyHonda
10-20-2007, 04:42 PM
we can use the 1st gen legend rear calipers also with a lil modding ...its kinda true...one of my rear calipers feels like it drags on the rotor...cuz i have drilled and sloted and i can hear it once in a while. I need new Calipers....how much for new legend ones.....might as well upgrade IMO

russiankid
10-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Try to take them apart. See the condition of the piston. If it is not scratched up,rebuild, if it is then get new calipers.

My brother and I rebuilt mine. Before i got the kit i took them apart to see if they were ok, luckily they were.