PDA

View Full Version : Ah crap...blinker is smashed (pics)

M3Galaxie
10-20-2007, 12:04 PM
So I left this morning to pick up my mom from the airport; we went out to eat. Coming outside I noticed my front driverside blinker was smashed, headlight twisted, and a scuff on the top of the bumper...no pieces on the ground. I figure it must have happened this morning at home. It's quite obvious that the nieghbor, who I just learned has an in home daycare, backed into it pulling out to their driveway, and they had the audacity to clean up the pieces, but missed a few small chunks still laying on the ground. I'm going to see if they decide to fess up or what...maybe it time for some JDM corners and a new parking spot.

I just washed my car, and then drove from St. Louis to Oklahoma city...killed alot of bugs along the way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/M3FordBoy/Picture2236.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/M3FordBoy/Picture2241.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/M3FordBoy/Picture2238.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2007, 12:15 PM
that sucks but lucky is justs a light my car got hit once in a parking lot fucked the front bumper up smashed the bumper light and trashed my plate . and another time a shoping cart flew in to my car and broke my pass side corner light

M3Galaxie
10-20-2007, 12:21 PM
^Ya I'm glad the fender (except for previous damage before I got the car) and hood aren't damaged...I'm not really sure how I'm going to straighten out the headlight though...and find a little plastic gril piece for it.

Cheeseburger
10-20-2007, 12:45 PM
eeeekkkk! good thing its only the light :D

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2007, 12:53 PM
it sucks it was the left side i have a CLEAN right head light skin

2oodoor
10-20-2007, 02:32 PM
man that car shines, what did you put on it?
it is a sick feeling to discover damage like that

labeledsk8r
10-20-2007, 02:45 PM
aww man that sucks man. as if it isnt bad enough they hit it, they go to take long steps to try and cover it up so they dont take the fall, sounds like the normal way of people these days, cant even fess up on small things. i would go have a little chat with them. good luck getting it fixed all back up

frantik
10-20-2007, 03:22 PM
you might be able to just bend the light cover back in place or if that doesnt work you can adjust it where it bolts down all of the bolt holes are adjustable

M3Galaxie
10-20-2007, 03:53 PM
man that car shines, what did you put on it?
it is a sick feeling to discover damage like that

Thanks, I love the shine...I used some Meguiars wax/protectant I don't remember which one exactly usually is in a red bottle nothing special. I washed it real good then let in cool in the garage put the wax on it and let it sit in the garage for a few hours. That was two months ago. I've got some Meguiars NXT Tech Wax I might try next time if I get some other cosmetic things taken care of.

Ya I'm for sure going to have a little chat with them...I think it might have been their son who has a Aerostar, it is a piece of junk, driver door doesn't open, cause it all smashed up. When I came home late last night it was parked in their drive way when it's usually on the street. I haven't seen him around today though. I'm not looking for them to replace everything, but just give me enough to buy a new corner or an apologie would be nice. Heck whoever hit me ran off with my reflector...now that's stealing lol.

Good info Frantic; Hopefullly I can straighten the headlight out then replace the corner light...
eventually get around to repainting my trim, and still trying to figure out the best ways to fix all the scuffs on the bumpers...I would get some of that factory color spray-can paint, but I'm not sure how it would look if I just hit a few spots with it and did do a whole panel/bumper.

MessyHonda
10-20-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah time to upgrade to JDM lights...and find another parking place...i hate when ppl do that and dont leave a note.

russiankid
10-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks, I love the shine...I used some Meguiars wax/protectant I don't remember which one exactly usually is in a red bottle nothing special. I washed it real good then let in cool in the garage put the wax on it and let it sit in the garage for a few hours. That was two months ago. I've got some Meguiars NXT Tech Wax I might try next time if I get some other cosmetic things taken care of.

Ya I'm for sure going to have a little chat with them...I think it might have been their son who has a Aerostar, it is a piece of junk, driver door doesn't open, cause it all smashed up. When I came home late last night it was parked in their drive way when it's usually on the street. I haven't seen him around today though. I'm not looking for them to replace everything, but just give me enough to buy a new corner or an apologie would be nice. Heck whoever hit me ran off with my reflector...now that's stealing lol.

Good info Frantic; Hopefullly I can straighten the headlight out then replace the corner light...
eventually get around to repainting my trim, and still trying to figure out the best ways to fix all the scuffs on the bumpers...I would get some of that factory color spray-can paint, but I'm not sure how it would look if I just hit a few spots with it and did do a whole panel/bumper.
Try the Maguires 3-step paint cleaner. The first step takes dirt off the paint. It cleaned my clear coat up really well. Step 2 is just regular wax and step 3 is Carnuba wax/protection.

M3Galaxie
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, nobody from my nieghbors house spoke up so I just called the police, and filed a report. He went over to talk to the nieghbors, and sure enough they gave him the name, and number of the lady who hit my car. So it's getting fixed...I should be able to get the front bumper repainted, I need to get ahold of some JDM corners, get the headlight fixed, and a small dent in the front fender repaired/painted.

I'm in such a better mood now...it's gonna look sharp...I'm excited.

WTB: clean JDM corners for '89

2drSE-i
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
good for you...no1 fessed up to my hit and run...two 3geez members hit and run this month :-(

M3Galaxie
10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
^And in the same city....practically

2drSE-i
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
oh yea i meant to say that haha. Worldwide i think 5 or 6 got hit this month...i know you,, me, legend_master, Steve_Si ( or thegreatdane, i dont remember, it was an international user) Cheeseburger...there was someone else too

M3Galaxie
10-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Here's an updat:
The insureance adjuster came to day, looked at the car then wrote me a check. :D
state farm = good to deal with

I went out to a body shope that I planned to have the work done and they won't do partial work so I said fine I'll go elswhere. I just want to find someone that will repair the fender and get me a new bumper.
These all came in the mail today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/M3FordBoy/Picture029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/M3FordBoy/Picture032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/M3FordBoy/Picture033.jpg

How do you uninstall/install corner lights?...edit:nvm I figured it out.

MessyHonda
10-29-2007, 11:43 PM
is the header jetcoated?

labeledsk8r
10-30-2007, 12:45 AM
good luck finding a body shop that wont rip you off for an easy job, did you pick up those pace shitters witha good price?

M3Galaxie
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Ya, the header was cheap...it's 87prelude's J/Y header the he found. He put some 1500* paint on it. I gonna hit some salvage yards and see if I can find any good laurel blue body parts. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a full repair now; just for the fender, and bumper I'm looking at almost $500 to be fixed/replaced.
I really want so suspension and wheels...so we'll see what happens. I'm trying to sell some guitars and see how much I can come up with...if might be a little while before I put the header in. Do I have to do the whole exhaust? or if I found a shop that will weld the correct flange on the end of the collector will it bolt right up? I know the whole exhaust will be more benifitial, but I'm just looking at the cost right now. I don't want the car to be loud though or at all rasppy. Pacesetter cat back good or bad? I don't really have a welder or any power tools (here) so making my own system is kind of out of the questoin right now.

LX-incredible
10-30-2007, 11:44 AM
The pacesetter is okay for the pipe. It's a little loud and raspy for me and the included muffler seems restrictive. I'm eventually going to add a resonator and switch the muffler.