PDA

View Full Version : car bucks then stalls

import racer
10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
hey guys changed the gas tank the other day and it worked okay til tonight.it started to stumble then stall.i pumped the gas and try it and got it to go it did this two or three times on the way home.do you think its the fuel pump,dirty filter or carb accelerator pump.:wtf:

russiankid
10-20-2007, 06:36 PM
My guess would be the pump because i had similar issues when my pump went.

import racer
10-20-2007, 06:43 PM
i didn't have any problem with it before i change the tank so im not sure.i got another pump but the sock is bustdv off it ,don't know if it work either.can you just take the pump off it and put it on my other one.

russiankid
10-20-2007, 06:45 PM
I think you can just take the pump off. Plus my pump was fine on the way to work, but when i was coming home from work it started to act up.

AccordB20A
10-20-2007, 06:50 PM
best way it to test the fuel pump. pull line off in engine bay and unplug pump in the back hook power to it and if fuel comes out its good:)

russiankid
10-20-2007, 06:56 PM
best way it to test the fuel pump. pull line off in engine bay and unplug pump in the back hook power to it and if fuel comes out its good:)

No, if fuel comes out it doesn't mean it is good. Fuel can come out, but the pump isn't putting out enough psi.

import racer
10-20-2007, 07:09 PM
how do you change the sock filter on the pump.

russiankid
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I looked in the shop manual and it seems that you cannot change the strainer. You can however either get a new fuel pump from Autozone, made by Master. I have that, all i did was take the old one out and put new one in. Or order the kit from Rockauto. The difference is that the Autozone one has the whole assembly where as the Rockauto one is just the pump, strainer, clip for the pump, and the tank seal.

import racer
10-21-2007, 05:44 PM
thanks i think i might have it fixed,i was going to take the filter off and check it,but i noticed a kink in the gas line before the filter.must have been when i connected the fill hose.anyway took it for a drive after and it seems ok.gonna drive it some more during the day time to be sure.oh and i don't have an autozone or rockauto around here.

russiankid
10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks i think i might have it fixed,i was going to take the filter off and check it,but i noticed a kink in the gas line before the filter.must have been when i connected the fill hose.anyway took it for a drive after and it seems ok.gonna drive it some more during the day time to be sure.oh and i don't have an autozone or rockauto around here.

Rockauto is online

www.rockauto.com

MessyHonda
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I looked in the shop manual and it seems that you cannot change the strainer. You can however either get a new fuel pump from Autozone, made by Master. I have that, all i did was take the old one out and put new one in. Or order the kit from Rockauto. The difference is that the Autozone one has the whole assembly where as the Rockauto one is just the pump, strainer, clip for the pump, and the tank seal.

thats werid because when i went to the autoparts store they were trying to sell me a new strainer.