PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever supercharged a 3G Accord??

RamThis
10-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone has, and what it required to do it. Or if there are any ready made kits, or at least a kit that can be modified slightly, to integrate into an 89 LXi?

I've also emailed Jackson Racing tonight to see if they had any ideas. I'll post whatever response I get from them.

ghettogeddy
10-21-2007, 09:59 PM
no im still waiting for this myself

ZackieDarko
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
nobody on here has claimed to do it

people have said (it hasn't been posted to confirm though) that the SC will hit the master cylinder and/or drivers side strut tower

mushroom_toy
10-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I was thinking about it at one point, and think a good way to go about it would be using the clutch supercharger on the Toyota 4agze engines.

lostforawhile
10-21-2007, 10:52 PM
post some pics of that supercharger, has anyone ever thought of putting it in the brackets where the Ac compressor goes? it's belt driven, it doesn't matter where you put it,no exaust plumbing to get in the way. i saw the one that roodoo2 posted on the moris minor with the small belt driven one,and it had an SU carb pull through too.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/superchg1.jpg

A18A
10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
its always been my dream to supercharge a b20

AccordB20A
10-22-2007, 01:31 AM
this guy im sellin a manual b20a conversion to says he has one to go on his rebuilt b20 lol. id like to see that. ill probably also advise him to become a member here also:P

AccordB20A
10-22-2007, 01:32 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/superchg1.jpg

thats a mini's engine bay, wonder if they come out standard like that haha

A18A
10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
this guy im sellin a manual b20a conversion to says he has one to go on his rebuilt b20 lol. id like to see that. ill probably also advise him to become a member here also:P

nah dont bother, its not worth my jealousy :P

AccordB20A
10-22-2007, 01:49 AM
not everyone gets there own way a18

MessyHonda
10-22-2007, 02:05 AM
i was debating if the b16 intake manifold fits with minor mods then a supercharger might fit..but you would have to make like custom pulles and make sure the motor spins the same way. and hope it clears like the brake booster

lostforawhile
10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
i was debating if the b16 intake manifold fits with minor mods then a supercharger might fit..but you would have to make like custom pulles and make sure the motor spins the same way. and hope it clears like the brake boosterum one of those small superchargers would fit where the ac is

RamThis
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Well no need to copy and paste the email I got back, because basically all it said was NO. They dont have a kit nor do they ever plan to make one. Oh well. He didnt even address my question of whether there was a similarly outfitted vehicle that one could be adapted from without too much trouble. Making brackets and such would not be a problem really, thought it'd be a tight fit whatever you use.

Oh well. Was just a thought. I dont want to mess with a Turbo setup really. I've always had a chubby for a supercharger. Maybe I'll save that idea for my 2000 Ram lol. MMMM ProCharger with Intercooler....... :wave:

mdauriemma
06-29-2015, 09:39 AM
I am new to the forums; my name is martino, and am running an 89 accord dx with a weber38, webcam regrind, hi-flow cat, and pacesetter headers in Ca.

That being said, its finally happening. The "list of supercharger steals" (AutoSpeed - Supercharger Steal - Part One) are now showing up on eBay from Japanese dismantlers at reasonable prices. I purchased an SC14 (off a toyota 1G-GZE) for $280 including shipping. It will be going on my a20 accord dx. It will be tricky.

As mentioned above, it will be difficult to mount above the manifold b/c of the shock tower, but may work with a custom manifold & possibly moving the alternator. I also see a way to strengthen the shock tower & shave off enough material/ reroute the pspump lines for the belt drive. The brake booster/MC may be a challenge as well.

It would fit in leu of the a/c compressor, but unless you are running EFI, there will be too much lag & pooling of fuel with the intake running against gravity-- this is a no-go with a Carb setup. This has been done on an EFI civic already & is on youtube to prove it can be done, but a poor plan with a carburetor & switch engageable supercharger clutch. It is also important to not select a SC that is too small for the engine-- an AMR500 would fit easily, but is much too small for our 2.0L cars. A 1.6l engine would be the highest liter that would work with a SC that small.