PDA

View Full Version : Hestiating badly throughout driving range

vtec11
09-16-2002, 11:45 AM
damn about a month ago the car did this for a couple of days, then it stopped. Then it started doin it this weekend and its still doing it.

When I start off from stop it and push the gas harder it does it more. If i accelerate slowly it dons't do it. Also on the highway now it kinda gives me a jerk like if one of the cylinders dind't fire every 5 mins or so..

I changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotorabout a year and a half ago. Used bosch platinum wires.

If its not the plugs, im thinking ignition coil, distributor or fuel pumps. what are the symptoms of each goin bad???

If i try to accelerate hard, it feels as if its gonna stall out... :wtf:

89 LXi auto; 202k

shepherd79
09-16-2002, 12:11 PM
hmmmm, try changing coil first.
get aftermarket one, like accel or msd blast coil.

damackz
09-16-2002, 12:51 PM
could be the FPR , put in a new fuel filter in as well............

smufguy
09-16-2002, 01:50 PM
i would suggest that u check ur timing belts and see how they are. it sounds like u either have a vaccum leak (which i higly doubt since u have an efi and they got not many) or your timing. check ur timing. if possible, check compression in each cylinder

vtec11
09-17-2002, 06:02 AM
i think its an electrical problem. Because when i press hard on teh gas that's when it does it. And usually only on acceleration. Otherwise it runs fine.

I'm gonna try to change the plugs wires and ignition coil this week. Should i get a honda coil? How much are they, how much more is an accel coil?

And i just had all the belts replaced a year ago, including timing belt. been running fine upto now..

1988starter
09-17-2002, 07:37 AM
If you want a stock coil I have a few around I could let go cheep but I would get an accel one from an auto parts store about 32 bucks the install is in the how to and so are the part numbers.

smufguy
09-17-2002, 08:08 AM
pull one from the junk. also this is a good thing to do. check ur tps too. see if that is messing up. when u say that it hesitates when u put ur foot on the gas, do u mean it idles fine?

vtec11
09-17-2002, 10:31 AM
yeah, it idles fine.. also if i step on the gas while its in park its fine.

BUt when its in gear it hesitates if i push the pedal harder during acceleration....

what does that mean ????

thanks...

ACCORD EX
09-17-2002, 12:30 PM
my car use to loose power during acceleration and it was the wires !

MIKE