PDA

View Full Version : alarm interference with vent controls?

mboardman
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
I bought my 89 lxi from a kid who claimed ever since his buddy installed the car alarm, the vent controls dont really light up or work. I have found that I cannot get air to stop coming out of the vents, no matter what I do. Ive hit the recirc button many times, and still vent air comes through the vents.

I could care less about this alarm system, and have no remote to interface with it, so Im going to remove it.

Questions:

1. could the wiring be messing with the closing of the air vents/controls?

2. does the 3g accord even give you the option of completely cutting off airflow thru the vents? In other words, am I thinking there's something wrong, when there is in fact no malfunction?

ghettogeddy
10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
most the time air is comming out no matter what
i dont see how an alram that should be wired around the main harness by your feet wouyld have anythign to do with the havc controls

mboardman
10-22-2007, 03:23 PM
so, the recirc button wasnt intended to eliminate air flow from the vents?

ghettogeddy
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM

no not that i know i alwas have some air coming out of the center vents

russiankid
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM

The recirculation button is meant to suck air in from the cabin rather than outside, which would be the Fresh button.

Demon1024
10-22-2007, 05:00 PM
i hit rec with the fans off and the air stops. u checked fuses right? their is a thread about fixing the control itself but it sounds like they screwed up the wiring maybe you'll get lucky and find that the connector just got pulled lose. have fun getting in your dash!

conozo
10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
when i hit the "REC" button i dont have any air flowing through the vents

russiankid
10-23-2007, 04:52 AM
when i hit the "REC" button i dont have any air flowing through the vents

You should. You wont have any air flow if the fan speed is ZERO.

guaynabo89
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
I bought my 89 lxi from a kid who claimed ever since his buddy installed the car alarm, the vent controls dont really light up or work. I have found that I cannot get air to stop coming out of the vents, no matter what I do. Ive hit the recirc button many times, and still vent air comes through the vents.

I could care less about this alarm system, and have no remote to interface with it, so Im going to remove it.

Questions:

1. could the wiring be messing with the closing of the air vents/controls?

2. does the 3g accord even give you the option of completely cutting off airflow thru the vents? In other words, am I thinking there's something wrong, when there is in fact no malfunction?

you try flipping the little lever in between the two center vents?

s_EX_i
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
If Im driving on the hiway air comes into my 87 exi no matter what.
And for some reason I can even press the REC button lol. I didn't even know what it was for.

tuxdreamerx
10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
my car always has a little air coming through the vents when im driving. the REC is just as russiankid said it recirculates air from the cabin rather than what fresh does which is pull the air from outside.

guaynabo89
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
you try flipping the little lever in between the two center vents?