PDA

View Full Version : magnaflow VS dynomax

smufguy
09-16-2002, 01:37 PM
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/muffler.htm

this is just a small sight i came across while researchign for mufflers. so my question goes out to not the gussers, but those who know for a fact. Are the magnaflow or the dynomax the better? which of them would be the deal for the gain. I dont want like either one of them 2hp more than the other and costing 150 bucks. i can spend 50 bucks and get the 2hp lesser one.

doug
09-16-2002, 01:49 PM
i'm clueless as to the actual physics of either muffler flow, but the dynomax looks like it just flows, granted back and forth, but on a path, while the others look like there would be alot of offsetting flows bumping into each other, competing for flow area, colliding gasses, like I said, I'm clueless as to which is best, but inherently I would guess the dynoflow, interesting topic, though, cause I need a new muffler also and have the same questions.

smufguy
09-16-2002, 01:58 PM
need some more input from everyone though. cause i know no restriction is the hightest hp gain. as in straight pipe for the high hp gain. and forget about torque on that.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Hmmmmmm, that site didn't do anything for me. Fact is all three companies have tech area's on their respective web sites. You can visit each one of them. Afterwords which one you think makes the most power will only mean that company has the best marketing department, not that it factually makes the most power. Short on a dyno compairo, you will never really know. The dynomax was compaired with the pacesetter and the bosal muffler, if outpowered both (may 2002 GrassRootsMotor sports mag).

What I'd like to know is why did the people that OWN that brand, make the choice. What influenced them, opinion, magizine test, friends ect? I bought the Dynomax because of the test I read, the 2 other muffler that beat it only did my a very slight amount and they were much more expensive. And the car they used for the for the test was super close in displacement, tuning and rev range.

[edit] OH BTW!, I'm not saying I think the Dynomax makes more power. And if anyone want's to say the magnaflow or flowmaster makes more power, prove it. Maybe their is a power difference, maybe not. I'm saying that in absence of proof, the magizine test and it's lower price was influence as the tie breaker for me.