PDA

View Full Version : Churp in 2nd?

87accordlxph
09-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to know how to churp my 5sp into second gear.
That's all I ask.

Reason.... I want to drag race my car and get the best 1/4 mile time.

Oh, gimme some awesome quarter mile times too guys!!! :rice:

Please and thank you!

-Mike

shepherd79
09-16-2002, 04:27 PM
you can't chirp it in second gear unless you have all the mods that are awailable for our engine.

night
09-16-2002, 04:55 PM
squeaking 2nd doesnt have a thing to do with making you fast.

if u ever hear the tires making noise you arent going as fast as you can. whether straighline racing or autocrossing or whatever.

but as for how to churp 2nd. just rev it to like 6000 and speed shift into 2nd. drop the clutch and nail the gas at the same time. thats the best way i can describe it.

Dutchboy
09-16-2002, 05:02 PM
sure you can chirp the tires into 2nd ....just give her shiot....you dont need mods too....new black pavement works very wel for the need to smoke ,,,,

or you can pump the tires way up and smoke them in 3rd too,,:D
and then you can buy new tires everyweek too....hehehhehe

BEn

1989se-i
09-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Mine chirps going into 2nd, and i have an auto.......

anchovies
09-16-2002, 09:25 PM
1989se-i : you probably need new tires badly :D or else :bow:
87accordlxph: you want traction not waste it spinning the tires and not going anywhere
same with 2nd, even though you are moving but the kinetic energy is just wasted spinning the tires instead of making the car go forward

88turboaccord
09-17-2002, 12:58 AM
When my car was running with 20psi, I could be going in third gear, stomp on the gas pedal, the boost would start to build, then the tires would break loose---does this mean I have bald tires? Anyways, chirping has nothing to do with showing off power, I would rather not chirp or spin tires and get all the power to the ground. Think how hard that is on your transmission when you abrutly shove the gear into second.... Shoot, everytime I raced someone, I always shifted gears gently, of coarse the tires would break loose if I got to hard on the pedal, but that is besides the point.

I see how you want to show your power by chirping second, but it gets old quick, what you want is to beat your opponent, not scare them with tactics with such things as lots of stickers, chirping your tires, big loud exhaust. Instead start using your head and figure out ways that you may be able to beat your opponet by working on your gas/clutch engagement, reaction time, and where your shifting points are. Use your thinking to become a better driver. You can;t beat everyone, there will always be someone faster than you. If you learn to become a better driver, you will get more respect than someone trying to always spin or chirp their tires INTENTIALLY...

87accordlxph
09-17-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by 88turboaccord
When my car was running with 20psi, I could be going in third gear, stomp on the gas pedal, the boost would start to build, then the tires would break loose---does this mean I have bald tires? Anyways, chirping has nothing to do with showing off power, I would rather not chirp or spin tires and get all the power to the ground. Think how hard that is on your transmission when you abrutly shove the gear into second.... Shoot, everytime I raced someone, I always shifted gears gently, of coarse the tires would break loose if I got to hard on the pedal, but that is besides the point.

I see how you want to show your power by chirping second, but it gets old quick, what you want is to beat your opponent, not scare them with tactics with such things as lots of stickers, chirping your tires, big loud exhaust. Instead start using your head and figure out ways that you may be able to beat your opponet by working on your gas/clutch engagement, reaction time, and where your shifting points are. Use your thinking to become a better driver. You can;t beat everyone, there will always be someone faster than you. If you learn to become a better driver, you will get more respect than someone trying to always spin or chirp their tires INTENTIALLY...

Wow, spoken like a true racer! :flash:
Thanks for all the info!

I think some of us all learned something about racing, especially those who are noobs like me. :p

Cool buddy

-Mike

V8Astro Captain
09-17-2002, 07:20 PM
88Turbo...what did your Accord run in the 1/4? Have any 60' times...just curious.

If you're into turbos then have a look at this...
http://www.montygwilliams.com/

anchovies
09-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 88turboaccord
When my car was running with 20psi, I could be going in third gear, stomp on the gas pedal, the boost would start to build, then the tires would break loose---does this mean I have bald tires?

:bow: :bow:

Justanothermike
09-18-2002, 12:22 AM
u don't need any power at all to chirm. all u need is a heavy flywheel and a good clutch. DX civics with them 25lbs flywheels and 13 inch tires can do it all day