PDA

View Full Version : What color to paint the engine bay??

YK86
09-16-2002, 01:57 PM
When I take everythng out of the engine bay, I want to clean it up real nice and probably give it a nice paint job to get it somewhat clean looking. The car is metalic silver and I have enough matching paint to paint the engine bay which is still the original charcoal grey color. But I'm not so sure a silver engine bay would look all that great so I was also thinking glossy black. What would you guys go for??? This post is only going to go for a short while so you guys won't have to keep seeing it.

pearldrop
09-16-2002, 02:31 PM
Match it...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-16-2002, 02:42 PM
GO WITH THE BLACK!! i always thought black and silver go together!! kinda like White & Blue, Red & black!! I guess it all depends on the texture of the black paint!!

Chubs87Accord
09-16-2002, 08:21 PM
well i guess these didnt help, lol... i would go with black.. even though you have the paint left over it would look kinda ghetto silver not to mention on silver you can see dirt a lot better

1989se-i
09-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Metallic Silver?! No way!!:p

88LXi68
09-16-2002, 08:30 PM
I think you should match it because if you ever show the car then they may take points off for a different color engine bay.

anchovies
09-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Yeah match it

damackz
09-16-2002, 10:35 PM
:werd: match it would look so much nicer specially when u show ppl ur b20a lol :pimp:

wanna_b_ricer
09-17-2002, 01:40 AM
i reckon get some turbos, airbrushed on to the engine bay so some ppl might actually think that u have a turbo....
or just get it hpc'd silver. :D

89AccordNate
09-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Match it. Black and silver are to far away. People will think you have a cheap paint job and that your car used to be black but you were to cheap to paint the bay. Then they will go look at your door jams to really make sure :).

Nate.

GreenMachine
09-17-2002, 07:57 PM
definetly match it, I did that ( mine is mettalic green ) and it looks wicked. Not to mention really clean. Also painted the brake lines silver, looks good.
When you get that b20 in , got have a have meet, definetly want to check that out. :D

theBeline
09-19-2002, 08:27 AM
you match it, then it looks good and looks like the entire car got a FULL=EXPENSIVE paint job. I'm matching mine, actualy taking of inner pannels where even a square millimeter of paint shows or could show and going to match that too. If you do it a different color then you have got to worry about how to blend it, where the break will be an wether or not it will be visible from the outside and distract from the outer look. Also, I would never pick black, personaly because I'm putting neons/cold-cathodes under the hood to accent it (thats WHEN I start moding for looks... second) ALso, just for clenlyness, black will get dirty and YOU won't notice it, but if you going to put time into painting the engine bay then I assume that you want it to look nice? You friends WILL notice the grime build up on the paint, also, if it scratches, black and gray make a stark contrast.

Y3G
09-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Glossy black is my choice. that is what i did to the engine bay of my car. and then i did the valve cover, intake pipe, battery tie down,fuse boxes color mached yellow. and I used white wire loom on some hoses and wires.

2Fast_Fiero
09-21-2002, 04:05 PM
NON Glossy Black...Like a powder black so that you cant see anything but the engine and everything in the engine compartment. It will make everything stand out. I know a guy that did that with his Dodge Dakota, he did this paint to his engine bay, he has a yellow dakota, and he also did it with the bed and under the body of the truck just to make everything stand out.