PDA

View Full Version : Still look'n for another 3gee.

mbc
10-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I found this car for sale and I have some questions.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb295/mbconrad/3.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb295/mbconrad/2.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb295/mbconrad/1.jpg

It's my understanding that DX models lacked the P/windows, cruise, P/mirrors, and P/locks found on the LX. What else were the DX's missing in regards to options? I know that they're carb'd. My 3gee was a LX, so this trim is new to me.

In the ad, they mention A/C. It seems to me that if this car has A/C, it was added later (okay by me http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/jam2.gif).

This car was at a small dealer (like most that are still available). I drove by today, but the lot was closed. After looking around the outside, I'm sure they will be willing to deal. Clearly this car was owned by someone who didn't drive it often...126k miles, AUTOMATIC.

A18A
10-27-2007, 08:51 PM
i'm not sure about the questions you asked, but damn that cars clean!!! just slap a honda badge onto the front and it will be like new :)

Civic Accord Honda
10-27-2007, 08:52 PM
the rear seat in the dx dont fold down lol
some DX's dont have rear speakers thats all i can think of besides the stuff u listed

labeledsk8r
10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
you have just about everything i can think of, it doesnt have power options like the lx/lx-i and its carbed, also it doesnt have a rear folding seat and really thats all i can think of, and hey it should be a little lighter since theres no power options, good luck.

mbc
10-27-2007, 09:03 PM
i'm not sure about the questions you asked, but damn that cars clean!!! just slap a honda badge onto the front and it will be like new :)

I agree, the car is very clean.

I was simply looking for a difinitive list of standard features of the DX trim.

I took the "H" badge off of the 1/2 million mile 3GEE before it was scrapped. It might have a new home on this hood.

Matt.

Pico
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Looks very clean.
Good Luck Hope you get it.

mbc
10-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I wonder if the DX's have the intermittent wiper option. I assume the brakes are the same as the LX's too.

I did use the search option (500 results). I'll keep trying.

To some, these are stupid questions, but I don't think we have too many DX's on the forum for this info to be readily available. I know they are not to popular here.

Pico
10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
forrest might know what options came with what year and model accord,send him a PM

mbc
10-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks picopop,

I know it's Saturday night and the site is not busy. I should wait to PM.

Matt

SZfiftyfour
10-27-2007, 09:47 PM
My DX has intermittent wipers and cruize control and thats it. but its not a 3g so that probably didnt help you much.:dunno:

Vanilla Sky
10-28-2007, 06:59 AM
The DX lacks power options (mirros, windows, locks), lacks the center "pass through" vents, lacks rear speakers, cruise control and AC were very popular options. The rear seats lacked an armrest and didn't fold down. There was no center console "tape holder" option. Mechanically, it was the same as the LX.

MessyHonda
10-28-2007, 07:29 AM
the dx is the lightest 3gee...so just do a fuel injection and motor rebuild and it will be quick. i wish i could of stayed with my dx but it was too much for me to convert to fuel injection and 5 speed so i just bought a lx-i cuz it was cheap.

mbc
11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought it. I paid the going rate for this type of car in this condition, but I am happy.

I must admit that there is quite a difference in power with the auto trans, but not having to shift 500 times in traffic makes it worth it.

The car has A/C (not responsive when the button is pressed). Cruise, intermittent wipers, and again, the auto trans.

The car drives very well. Steering is tight, no strange noises, and the engine purrs. The mileage has been confirmed to be just over 126,200 miles. This gives me the satisfaction of knowing that it'l be a while before any major repairs (knock on wood!). The water pump appears to be new, so I am hope ful that the timing belt has been recently replaced. The other drive belts are in great shape too.

This was a one owner 3GEE. The p.o. is a woman who lives in Carlsbad, so I know that it's a local car. The paint is original, the interior is flawless, the brakes are solid, and the tires are @ 80% tread left.

It's going to take a little getting used to the manual locks and windows, but I am confident this car will fill the void left by the SuperHonda.

I will post pics as soon as I find my camera.

russiankid
11-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a good deal. I would check the timing belt just to be sure.

mbc
11-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Tomorrow, I will flush all of the fluids and go over the car a little closer. I bought this car to be a beach beater, so I know I won't be spending too much money.

I'll keep the interested people informed.

Matt

russiankid
11-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Tomorrow, I will flush all of the fluids and go over the car a little closer. I bought this car to be a beach beater, so I know I won't be spending too much money.

I'll keep the interested people informed.

Matt

Make sure to use Honda fluid in the tranny.

Civic Accord Honda
11-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Awesome cant wait to see some pics

Pico
11-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Congrats