PDA

View Full Version : fuel problem back

import racer
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
well i thoght i had it fixed but its back,car stalled out on me and wouldn't start.had to get towed home,i hate my car.changed fuel pump ,cleaned filters still nothing.i checked for power to the pump and there is none,checked fuse its fine even changed fuel shut off with another one i had nothing. why the hell don't i have any power to the pump.can anyone help!

LX-incredible
10-31-2007, 10:05 AM
The relay will only actuate the pump with the engine running, when cranking, or for a few seconds after switching to run (II), so test it then. If it is indeed not getting power during those times, I would have a look at the ignition switch.

import racer
11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
well last nite it acted up again it started to buck and shake.but i kept the gas on and turned the corner, hit a bump and it ran fine again.thats why i think it the harness to the tank.possibly a break in the wires.what do you think.

cygnus x-1
11-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah, sounds like a bad connection. As I said in your other thread, you pretty much just have to start checking wires until you find the problem.

C|

2oodoor
11-03-2007, 04:29 PM
keep your same issues in the same thread, no need to start another one. It is a lot easier for us to keep up with the status of your problem that way
there is a yet, third thread on this same thing import racer.. no wonder you think your posts are not being answered

import racer
11-03-2007, 05:09 PM
sorry bout that.