PDA

View Full Version : wire plug?

newtuner
10-31-2007, 09:15 AM
anyone have any idea what the plug on my 88 auto trans is for and what it connects to?? im replaceing my trans and my old one has the part but not the plug so.... i dont understand.. could this be a trans for a dif car?:huh:

LX-incredible
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't recall the autos having any sort of electrical connection. The manuals had 2 wires for the reverse light. Could you take a picture?

newtuner
10-31-2007, 01:27 PM
unfortunatly no... its got 2 wires connecting to a dual cylinder thing-a-ma-bober... srry im so technical... its a smaller more rectangle plug than the one for our dizzy... also for a auto to man. swap id need the ecu why??? what electrical connects 2 the tranny?

lostforawhile
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
unfortunatly no... its got 2 wires connecting to a dual cylinder thing-a-ma-bober... srry im so technical... its a smaller more rectangle plug than the one for our dizzy... also for a auto to man. swap id need the ecu why??? what electrical connects 2 the tranny?
take a pic i'll look in the manual

AccordB20A
10-31-2007, 01:52 PM
yeah theres a difference in auto boxes in the accords i noticed. Some come with the solenoids and some dont. They are controlled by something under the right front seat i think. Anyway i think the gearbox should work ok without them. Or just apply power to both :)

Hauntd ca3
10-31-2007, 09:38 PM
some of the autos have two solenoids on the top for the lock up converter
thats what they'll be for.
have a look on your old trans and see if it has them

Demon1024
10-31-2007, 10:16 PM
different ecu cause car to behave sightly differently the idle goes up when in motion on an auto but not the manual or so i've learned here...

newtuner
11-01-2007, 10:56 AM
well i cant take a pic srry... dont have a camera.. but why would it have a plug that dosent matter? if its for a lockup converter what does that mean??? because my car has a problem... its driving like a manual... it kinda conformed it self to my driving... well i drive like i stole it... it dosent shift untill 4000 + rpms and wont down shift when i come to a stop.... but once it warms up its fine...coud this plug be the reason?? also could it jus be my tourqeconverter burnin up thats causing my trans prob... cuz i got like 4 of them... and i could jus swap out... has anyone ever rebuilt one of these and maybe built it to take the abuse i throw at it?? but i will admit i love flyin by someone and i see the confusion when its a 3g accord 4 dor flyin by them..... u guys r great and im glad theres a site like this... i thought i was the only one who like these little box cars... guess not!!!:cheers:

newtuner
11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
some of the autos have two solenoids on the top for the lock up converter
thats what they'll be for.
have a look on your old trans and see if it has them

my old one dosent...

LX-incredible
11-01-2007, 11:48 AM
well i cant take a pic srry... dont have a camera.. but why would it have a plug that dosent matter? if its for a lockup converter what does that mean??? because my car has a problem... its driving like a manual... it kinda conformed it self to my driving... well i drive like i stole it... it dosent shift untill 4000 + rpms and wont down shift when i come to a stop.... but once it warms up its fine...coud this plug be the reason?? also could it jus be my tourqeconverter burnin up thats causing my trans prob... cuz i got like 4 of them... and i could jus swap out... has anyone ever rebuilt one of these and maybe built it to take the abuse i throw at it?? but i will admit i love flyin by someone and i see the confusion when its a 3g accord 4 dor flyin by them..... u guys r great and im glad theres a site like this... i thought i was the only one who like these little box cars... guess not!!!:cheers: I have NEVER seen one of these solenoids on a 3rd gen with a A20. I believe the B20 autos had them, correct? I think you may have picked up a 4th gen tranny or something. What transmission fluid are you using?

newtuner
11-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I have NEVER seen one of these solenoids on a 3rd gen with a A20. I believe the B20 autos had them, correct? I think you may have picked up a 4th gen tranny or something. What transmission fluid are you using?

honda atf... does the b20 auto bolt up cuz mines in and has been for a while..ive got like 3 autos that ive blown and 2 have them one dosent... so0o0o i dunno... someone said it might be for a lock-up tourqe converter... is that like a stall converter or like a lsd??... sorry 2 ask so many ?'s but it really interests me.. cuz well these auto's cant handle any abuse and a auto to man conversion is a little expensive... at least here in wa. that and i live in an appartment that dosent allow that kinda work... so im s.o.l. 4 the time being i guess...

ghettogeddy
11-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I have NEVER seen one of these solenoids on a 3rd gen with a A20. I believe the B20 autos had them, correct? I think you may have picked up a 4th gen tranny or something. What transmission fluid are you using?
but the b20 tranny wont bolt up sounds like he alredy has it installed

2oodoor
11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
you are having bad luck with the auto, I would say you need to make sure your cooling lines are not clogged, and that the throttle cable control is adjusted correctly.
The onlly thing I could think of with wires would be back up lights, but I think think the shifter position has that switch the same one that reads for the dash indicator.

Hauntd ca3
11-02-2007, 02:59 PM
[ someone said it might be for a lock-up tourqe converter... is that like a stall converter or like a lsd??... sorry 2 ask so many ?'s but it really interests me..]
yeah the lock up is to do with the converter
it locks the center of the thing so you dont get any converter slip
you can generally feel it kick in
once the trans is warm and in top gear, you'll feel what seems like another gear change and the revs will drop about 350revs
thats the converter locking up
if youre trannie has the two solenoids on the top its electronically controlled
if not and it has a lock up, it will most likely be speed sensitive or pressure controled
not familiar with the non electronic one
hope that helps any

newtuner
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
now if the plug is for a lockup converter would that be why Ive had 2 replace my trans 3 times in 2 years?? (i know i drive it hard but my original trans lasted like 3 years and the motor had more power then... so... also it didn't have that solenoid... anyone have this hooked up? i wish i could find a pic of an auto but their aren't any!! so if sum1 kan plz post a pic of one thx..)
well i looked in the service manual and figured out nothing... other then our autos have an internal auto lockup... so im still confused... ehhh hopefully sum1 soon will know

newtuner
12-27-2007, 10:39 PM
could this be a lude tranny? ive looked and cant find a pic of any trans. and have looked many times through the shop man. and cant find anything.. anyone have a pic a the plug for back up lights on a m/t??

jdaddy88lx-i
12-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I had my auto tranny swapped last spring and the new one has the plugs and the old one didn't. I never really noticed a difference other than it works. I'm pretty sure I asked but cant remember what they told me. Maybe I'll try to call and find out tommorrow.