PDA

View Full Version : Deal for the money

smufguy
09-16-2002, 07:28 PM
What is the best deal for the money? Pioneer or JBL or Jensen? I am not into loud base shit like ppl from a block away would hear me. I got decent bostons in my car and i just need two 12 inch subs for some deep base and also what kinda AMP would i need? Should i buy a mono amp or a 2 channel. I am guessing it shoudl be a two channel cause of two speakers. thanks guys :flash:

sanjay
09-17-2002, 04:55 AM
Get a 2 Channel AMp.
Get either Pioneer JBL or Jensen.
Whatever is cheaper in store would be your best bet!

Vanilla Sky
09-17-2002, 07:16 AM
personally, i'd get a JBL... in most cases they actually underrate tier amps... and they aren't bad for thier money

Derick

smufguy
09-17-2002, 08:00 AM
for future reference. I am talking about subwoofers and amps.

I dont some deep base. NOt those shitty ones from sony. I really like the kenwood base, but i just cant them cause they are mad expensive. i am willing to pay like around 80 bucks for a 2 channel amp if they are available.

about the subs. What kinda subs are good for the money. i dont wanna spend like 100 bucks for one of them and like my post says(the first one) i am not into really loud subs as in 500W handling. 200W would be decent for me cause i dont crank up my stereo like those ricy guys do (thoug i blasted the stock speakers off my sis' 4g, which is of no relevence here :p)

pioneer, kenwood, jbl or jenson. <<<<these include the amps and subs.

on the side note: Is it possible that i can make my own box? I know how to but, i need the plywood thickness and what kind. And packing the box, do i need glass wool (which is the best) or any other packing stuff?

damackz
09-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Go with a pioneer, like daymn 2 10's 400w hella pound!!!!! alwayz been a big fan of pioneer and dere new amps are aiight they will get the job done..............yeah build ur own box isnt hard and the times i had it i didnt fill it with anything :pimp:

smufguy
09-18-2002, 04:56 AM
hey damackz, the only reason i wanna build mine is because i dont wanna spend like 50 bucks. but my question is, how much would it cost me for just the materials if i am gonna do it on my own? i wanna fill it inside because i know i aint no weird engineer to calculate all the wave reflections and design the box, so i just wanna pack it to make it more subtle and of course, pound deep.

<<<i loveeeee kenwood>>> <<<do they have anything for cheap>>>

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2002, 06:39 AM
smuf... it's not hard to build an "empty" box... for the most part in a setup like yours, angles don't matter...just keep it airtight and the proper size... as for brands, on the tightest budget, i'd go jensen all the way... see post: "bouncin loveseat"

jensen are a really good budget brand, and would probably serve your purpose well

Derick

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2002, 06:41 AM
on the jensen note... thier subs are way overrated in peak power... but RMS sounds about right... in your case i'd go for two XS1212's, and a cheap ROAD GEAR amp... made by the company that makes jensen... again... overrated to an extent, but still they will drive the subs just fine

Derick

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2002, 06:43 AM
ooh. i'm a ho now...

the amps are less than $90... you'll need one... the subs are $40x2... so for $170 invested there, you're good... if you can get a box for 2 12's for $50, go for it... it usually takes 2 sheets of plywood (3/4") at about $22 each sheet to build it... you'd be better off with a box built at a shop if you can get it for $50

Derick

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2002, 06:45 AM
oh, you can buy all of this at wal-mart... that's where these are priced at

Derick

shepherd79
09-18-2002, 09:13 AM
i would have to say JBL or Pioneer.
I had 300W 2 ch Jensen. i was running Alpine type S on it. it was ok, but i have alpine 300 mono, and it is a hole lot louder.

GreenMachine
09-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Are ya gonna port the box, or sealed. I personally like sealed, easier to build of course

sanjay
09-18-2002, 10:58 PM
Don't complicate things for him. Just let him build a sealed box.
You'll need 18mm MDF. Its not particularly hard building a box.
WHy tools do you have at home, or access to>?? Are you a handyman type guy?
Also, the size of the box depends squarely on the type and size of your sub.

smufguy
09-19-2002, 10:14 AM
its okay sanjay, i understand what they are talking about. and yeah, i am not not gonna build a box. a friend of mine has inlineoptions and he is gonna hook me up with the box for aroun 50 bucks. i wish i could build it though i have the tools but depending on the shit to buy and time. it sjust not worth it. maybe during the vacation its good, not during ur junior year in college. :)

sanjay
09-19-2002, 03:08 PM
nice one praveen...
I built my own box and its sick as! I'm so proud of it...
ANyways, that;s my little tale...
laters

smufguy
09-19-2002, 06:01 PM
sanjay, not to be an asshole, but are u an indian?