PDA

View Full Version : power steering woes :(

stocklxi
11-07-2007, 08:09 PM
ok as you all might see my accord is just filled with problems lol, anyways my power steering pump is shot, and my integra as my other cars works fine...i was wanting to know if this would work if i used the integras pump? or not?

russiankid
11-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I doubt it will even bolt up correctly. You are better off getting a pump from the junkyard, spending about $20-$30 rebuilding it with new seals from Honda and putting in Honda power steering fluid. That will work great and won't have to worry about steering.

P.S. DO NOT use any fluid besides Honda fluid for power steering. You will ruin your rack and pinion, which it will then leak.

mushroom_toy
11-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Just yank it out. You can feel the road oh so much better with manual steering. Plus you get some bigger muscles :).

AccordB20A
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
getting rid of its fine when your car doesnt get inspected every 6 months. over here they fail you for the play that occurs in the rack when the fluid not being pumpted around.

Hauntd ca3
11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
most places will get shitty if you start playing with the steering systems in your car.
i'd just get a jy pump and stick it on.
i find plain old dexron 2 atf works fine in honda power steering.
never had a thing go wrong with mine running dexron 2

mushroom_toy
11-08-2007, 02:19 AM
getting rid of its fine when your car doesnt get inspected every 6 months. over here they fail you for the play that occurs in the rack when the fluid not being pumpted around.

Thats simple since youre over there you can just buy a manual rack. Unlike us who just have to wing it....or pay 100000000000 dollars to get one shipped.

MessyHonda
11-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Just yank it out. You can feel the road oh so much better with manual steering. Plus you get some bigger muscles :).

hahaha....never...i love my power steering even if it does take some of my whp...its nice in parking lot specially with my heavy fat five rims and sticky falken tires.