PDA

View Full Version : Name that hose *pic* (not 3g related)

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Ok, this isn't on my 3g, but it's pretty general I think. My sisters '91 Nissan Maxima has a really big power steering leak. I can see the hose that's leaking, it's the one circled in the pic below. My question is, what is this hose called? so I know which one to buy. I don't know anything about power steering so I'm not sure what any of these hoses are exactly for. It's a pretty thick hose, so would this probably be the same hose that goes out on our cars? I've heard some peeps mention a high pressure hose (?). The p/s fluid kinda splurges around through the metal connector part and the hose end while the car is running, so it looks like it's under pressure.

http://a4.cpimg.com/image/70/3D/12897904-4f13-028001E0-.jpg

Thanks guys! ;) I wish I could find a website with all the diagrams for the Nissans, like we have for our Hondas (Majestic Honda)

2Fast_Fiero
09-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Gotta Love Those Nissans, sorry about the leak, but I'm just sittin here admireing the Nissan's V6, I'd love to buy a 95 model and make a true ram air for it :D Ok, I gotta stop dreaming!

night
09-16-2002, 11:06 PM
im gonna have to call that the "power steering hose from 'x' to 'y' ". thats all they need.

A20A1
09-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Yeah it's most likely powersteering... has the steering of the car gotten worse?

If it is a PS hose then you need a high pressure fluid/oil line.

normally the hose has a pressure rating printed in white on the side of the hose.

You could always buy a chiltons for a few bucks or just go to a book store and look for an open book and see what the hose is and or find the pressure rating.