PDA

View Full Version : snoopy's suspension thread

snoopyloopy
11-10-2007, 05:38 PM
alright, it's getting very near the time where i'll dump some money into suspension and i just want to make sure i have my ideas straight. i'm not going full-out racer or drifter or dragger. more on the side of what you would say is performance stock or something like that. so to that end, i have koni fronts, some eibach springs. but i was confused as to what are the best rears to pair with the konis. (bc obviously, we can't get rear konis very easily anymore.) i was thinking of going tokicos for awhile, but just wanted to make sure those wouldn't dump my ride quality too much. later on, i think i'll go for a full set of kyb super specials. but that's quite a few months away. anyway, that's the shock/spring part of it. i'd like to get my hands on a dc strut bar :), but they're oh so elusive. so until then, no strut bar for me. and i was also thinking of doing a full set of st bars to finish up the bottom side of it. then, also later on, some 15s with some decent tires to get that end taken care of. and last of all, the braking. i've been limboed between slotted or cross-drilled rotors all around. i've heard cracking horror stories about one of them a lot, but i can't remember which one it was. anyway, comments, suggestions welcome. since i'm selling the eclipse, i'll have a few bucks to throw in the accord direction real soon.

MessyHonda
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
i have drilled and sloted all the way around used it for 1 year and mine have not cracked or anything....and i drive hard....i go to san fransisco alot so they get a work out downhill and stuff.

shocks for the rear....Bilstien HD could be the best if you cant find konis...i still have to install mine...maybe when i do my sway bars.

labeledsk8r
11-10-2007, 10:08 PM
i havent seen anytihng bad on the drilled and / or slotted rotors, only those damn ebay knock off ones. as long as its a respectable company (power slot comes to mind for ones for these cars) then they should be fine, cant say much on suspention, i have yet to chart those waters lol

snoopyloopy
11-10-2007, 10:12 PM
i have drilled and sloted all the way around used it for 1 year and mine have not cracked or anything....and i drive hard....i go to san fransisco alot so they get a work out downhill and stuff.

shocks for the rear....Bilstien HD could be the best if you cant find konis...i still have to install mine...maybe when i do my sway bars.

yeah, but don't the bilsteins need a revalving? if that's the case, i might as well just save a few more bucks and go with the kybs right out the bat. and are you running the ebc rotors? those are the only ones i've found that are drilled and slotted...

MessyHonda
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
here is my suspension

Front: EBC dimpled and sloted rotors with AEM pads
15inch Fat fives
Falken tires 512 195/60/15
DC front strut bar
Tokico struts
1.5 inch Neuspeed lowering springs
Rear: Powerstop rotors with AEM pads
SE-i SS brake lines
SE-i rear disk conversion
Justins rear sturt bar

snoopyloopy
11-10-2007, 10:19 PM
ahh, so yours aren't drilled, they're dimpled. where'd you find those? same ones from here? http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=1631+10605+4294967009+9179

now that i look at the pix a little more, those don't look drilled all the way through...

MessyHonda
11-10-2007, 10:23 PM
ahh, so yours aren't drilled, they're dimpled. where'd you find those?

autopartswarehouse.com?

i paid like 150...but now they are 165 and free shipping. they are zinc coated so that means NO RUST...they dont rust...woot.

snoopyloopy
11-10-2007, 10:24 PM
yeah, but they have a "tenoff" special going on now, so that comes out to like $155 and free ship. can't go wrong there, i suppose.

AccordB20A
11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
here is my suspension

Front: EBC dimpled and sloted rotors with AEM pads
15inch Fat fives
Falken tires 512 195/60/15
DC front strut bar
Tokico struts
1.5 inch Neuspeed lowering springs
Rear: Powerstop rotors with AEM pads
SE-i SS brake lines
SE-i rear disk conversion
Justins rear sturt bar

lol snoopys thread not urs

itzdave
11-18-2007, 07:00 PM
ive heard of the drilled ones cracking too, BUT, ive never known anybody that had them crack. i have drilled brembo's on my cadillac and they never cracked, and thats a lot of weight to stop. i think the chance of them cracking would only increase if its VERY cold outside and youre getting the brakes VERY hot. i beleive that the rapid extreme temp change is why they would crack. i wouldnt worry bout it tho.

2drSE-i
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Bilstein HD's should be fine, not too bouncy or anything. They will more than handle the eibachs. I would just go the dimpled route if your not gonna up the size or anything with one of Legend_master's upgrades. just use some good EBC or Hawk pads, and youll get plenty of stopping power.

snoopyloopy
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
yes, i think ebc dimpled/slotteds are the ones i'll go with. and how much are the bilsteins? if they're enough, my konis will go up for sale and i'll just get kyb super specials...

LX-incredible
11-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Usually around $100 a piece. I got a full set and love 'em.

MessyHonda
11-21-2007, 02:52 PM
yeah i like my EBC front rotors and on the rear i got powerslot...i would like to upgrade to something bigger tho