PDA

View Full Version : B-G Lowering Springs

Ichiban
11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I've had my girlfriend hunting for lowering springs for my car, and so far it hasn't been easy. She talked to SFX performance and Eibach, who advertise springs online, but they haven't been available for years. We found out from talking to B-G suspension directly that they sold most of their older inventory to a company called Keystone. I emailed them directly tonight to find out what's going on:

Good day,

I have restored and modified a 1982 Honda Accord, and would like to purchase lowering springs for it. In the past, springs have been offered by companies such as B-G Suspension, Eibach, and others. However, due to the age of the vehicle, most products have been discontinued by the manufacturers. In my discussions with B-G, I learned that your company has purchased the remaining stock of their lowering springs and may be able to offer them for sale. I am also a member of an online Honda Accord forum that caters to owners of older vehicles, and could perhaps organize a group buy or provide a means to better advertise your inventory of products for these older, lesser known vehicles. Mainly, I would like to buy these springs for my own vehicle and perhaps provide them to my online friends as well.

I am located in Blackfalds, Alberta and look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Michael McTeer.

We'll see what happens.

2ndGenGuy
11-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Good deal man! If you need to go in on a group buy, I'd be willing to buy them and try them to see how they compare to my Eibachs. Plus, I think there are a few other people who might be interested in them. Nathan (xvok) might be interested in some for his '83 hatchback as well...

Let us know what you find out! Would be sweet if they had a set for the 1g :)

Placebo
11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I went through the same search a few years ago with the eibachs who were nice enough to to do a nationwide search for me to no avail. Ended up thinking the b+g was the only thing available but, if I remember, the drop seemed too much. Something like 2.5", maybe more? I don't remember what the eibachs were, maybe 1.5" but I might be interested in a group buy. Keep us posted.

2ndGenGuy
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM
I've got the Eibachs on my car, and it's a 1.5 inch drop. It's a good-looking drop, but I was hoping for a little bit more. I think with the massive gaping front fender arches, you really need to drop it a little more drastically in the front. I'd like to see how they look with the B+G drop.

MessyHonda
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I've got the Eibachs on my car, and it's a 1.5 inch drop. It's a good-looking drop, but I was hoping for a little bit more. I think with the massive gaping front fender arches, you really need to drop it a little more drastically in the front. I'd like to see how they look with the B+G drop.

wonder who helped you find them

:wave:

2ndGenGuy
11-12-2007, 01:07 AM
wonder who helped you find them

:wave:

It was messy the man! Keep looking for more 2g stuff! I'll toss you some kick back! :D

Ichiban
11-12-2007, 07:34 AM
I've yet to hear back from these Keystone people.

The Eibach claims a drop of 1.300", while the B-G claims 1.600". I doubt the difference between the two is noticeable, as both are a slight lowering to begin with.

Ichiban
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Please visit the website DriverFX.com for help in finding what you may need and to place your order on line or use the store locator to find a dealer near you to make your purchase

This is the response I received today. Let's see what happens.

2ndGenGuy
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Sounds like they don't wanna do any research and are passing the buck. Typical response from what I've seen. And of course, that website doesn't have shit. Just another site with a bunch of popular products, probably data pulled from a distributor and they don't even have their own warehouse.

Ichiban
11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like they don't wanna do any research and are passing the buck. Typical response from what I've seen. And of course, that website doesn't have shit. Just another site with a bunch of popular products, probably data pulled from a distributor and they don't even have their own warehouse.

Exactly. There is a chance that they have the product, but the website doesn't help. I wonder if the customer service department will.

I was unable to locate the product on the DriverFX.com website. Is there any way to search the warehouse or otherwise find out where the inventory of these rare parts went?

Cheers,

Mike

2ndGenGuy
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Good call. Keep up the research. I think January, I'm going to start looking for coilovers that will fit. I already know that we can get 2g Prelude rear coilovers and slap them in. Maybe there are some Civic coilovers up front, or maybe we can locate the newly rumored Ground Control coilovers that someone said they used to make for the 2g.

Ichiban
11-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Please visit these website to see if they have parts available: WWW.EIBACH.COM; WWW.B-GSUSPENSION.COM.

This is the response that they gave me. I wonder how stupid they really think I am.

2ndGenGuy
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Fuck that shit pisses me off. It's the same shit I get consistently. These people don't even run real businesses. They just drop ship shit.

MustardCat
11-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Check into a british company named SPAX, they make 2g lowering springs. Hard to get them on this side of the pond though....

forrest89sei
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Check into a british company named SPAX, they make 2g lowering springs. Hard to get them on this side of the pond though....

Info about the SPAX Lowering Springs at this link :
http://www.spax.co.uk/modern/images/btnmore.gif

That Catalog can be found at this link:

http://www.silverstonetuning.com/pdf/Springs.pdf

2ndGenGuy
11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Cool, thanks for the info guys!

Looks like Spax does make the springs. $119GBP for the set. 35mm drop, which is 1.3 inches. Wonder if they ship to the US. I was hoping for something a bit more drastic...

On that note, King Springs also sells them still, down in Australia. I think after shipping, it was going to be about $600USD. And they only do a 30mm drop, which is 1.2 inches.