PDA

View Full Version : TB Size

DBMaster
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I am not sure how easy this would be to find with a search, but can someone verify for me that the diameter of the throttle body opening is 4"? In other words, to install a short ram would I use a 4" to 3" rubber reducer?

Thanks!

AccordEpicenter
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
no, a 2.5" will fit snugly, i dont think youll get even a 3" to tighen down properly.

2oodoor
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Ive used the 3 inch and 4 inch on TB that were a good bit smaller, with the right size hose clamp. Be careful not to pinch it or it will not seal.
You can use cut up inner tube or got to plumbing supply store for a piece of hose that will "adapt"
I do not recommend those solutions >>>
They work but really are ghetto rigs, it is much better to get the closest size as possible.
Another way if there is not a small enough adapter, is to carefully cut the factory intake just past the TB and clamp over it.

DBMaster
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Sounds like 2.5" will do it. If I keep the factory airintake I need to order new rubber connectors for the TB and air box because mine are very hard and brittle. I think they would shatter if I tried to cut them! :)

AccordChemist
11-16-2007, 02:03 PM
in my for sale thread.... the intake on my 88 utilizes a 3" to a 2 1/2" coupler... fits PERFECT!!!

Or you could just buy my intake and not worry about anything.

baby D
04-05-2008, 11:02 AM
2.5 man, and go find a 89 dodge carevan tbi, and us the tube for a cold air, picks it up behind the starter, i love mine works well, doesnt water log until yur in 2 feet of water with a 4 foot wave, ( fuckin ford drivers) i hate 4 weel drives