PDA

View Full Version : auto locks

markb
11-24-2007, 09:46 AM
has anyone experience phantom auto locking while driving their car?

my doors auto lock them selves randomly, if I am in the car, or not.

its like a fwd version of christine.

MessyHonda
11-24-2007, 10:24 AM
do you have an alarm...mine does the same thing but its not random when i turn off the car all doors unlock and when i turn it on they lock.

markb
11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
nope, no alarm, I forgot to mention that.

I have to take the door panel off anyways and look at why the window track is loose, I'll check out the wiring while I am at it.

jdaddy88lx-i
11-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I never experienced the phantom locking/unlocking thing but if your window is loose its probly not the track, just the motor. in my case anyways

dlr1989
11-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Do all the doors simultaneously lock at random or is it individual doors that randomly lock? If all the doors randomly lock simultaneously I would suspect the power door lock controller or the lock trigger wiring in the drivers front door or at the power door lock controller or points in between. If its individual doors that are effected, the controller or it's related wiring could still be at fault. The power door lock controller is located under the passenger front seat. Check to make sure that nothing has found it's way under that seat and some how damaged wiring or the controller.

AccordB20A
11-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I have allways had a simular problem. except my doors dont lock or unlock, Certain actuators would just make noises. but it only did it when i tooted the horn or used the indicators, I dont know why but the fault was obviouly in the door as it doesnt do it now there is a new door on the car.