PDA

View Full Version : Slight carb difference, Does it matter?

BrianB
11-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I just rebuilt a carb from the junkyard for my 86 honda accord. Now that I'm hooking up the hoses to the rebuilt carb I've noticed that the A/C Idle Boost Controller Diaphragm Assembly is different. On the original there were 2 hoses. On the rebuild there is only one hose. As far as I can tell this is the only difference on the carb, inside or out. Can I just switch off the A/C Idle Boost Controller Diaphragm Assembly from one carb to another? As it stands now I have a spot to connect a vacuum hose but no hose to connect to it. I do have an A/C in case it matters to answer this question. Thanks.

2oodoor
11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
What area do you live in?
I need to look at the factory manual and see where that extra line goes, It may be for 5 speed car since they decel a lot more often between gears.
Do you still have the old carb, can you swap the ider boost from it?

2oodoor
11-24-2007, 03:49 PM
are you sure you are not looking at the throttle controller?
I do not a second vacuum nipple on the AC idle boost.
The servo is controled by the AC solenoid which has an electrical signal from AC Circut and it switches vacuum on and off . Top diagram is servo, bottom diagram shows the solenoid /note the A\C signal is routed through the master control solenoid circuit for the other carb controls.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1195947923.jpg

Pnem3
11-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Could it be that you have an automatic transmission and the replacement carb was on a manual? I believe the auto transmission has a hose to provide a throttle boost when the transmission is engaged. This is what I ran into when I switched my carb. I switched the AC boost from the original carb to the replacement and it worked fine. I hope this helps.

BrianB
11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
are you sure you are not looking at the throttle controller?
I do not a second vacuum nipple on the AC idle boost.
The servo is controled by the AC solenoid which has an electrical signal from AC Circut and it switches vacuum on and off . Top diagram is servo, bottom diagram shows the solenoid /note the A\C signal is routed through the master control solenoid circuit for the other carb controls.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1195947923.jpg

It is what is in the top of this picture. I do have an automatic.