PDA

View Full Version : Funny Noise

nfs480
11-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Recently after I had my distributor O-Ring replaced, timing belt done, and water pump replaced, my engine began to make a strange noise. Whenever i'm coasting or for short (3 seconds) periods after I put it in park, the engine makes a sort of weird, metallic, chugging noise. The speed of the noise varies with the number of RPMs. (Faster with more, slower with less)

I can't exactly tell where the noise is coming from (other than from under the hood) and am concerned it may be something serious. Could it be a bad water pump or a belt that isn't properly installed? Tomorrow i'll try and record the noise and post up for you guys. In the meantime, I would like to know what comes to mind. Thanks.

russiankid
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Valves would be my guess.

nfs480
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Could it be the EGR Valve? Because I am getting a code 12 ecu with the check engine light. But the light is intermittent and this noise always happens. And how big of a deal would it be to fix this valve? I'm not very mechanically inclined so i'd probably have to have a professional do it.

russiankid
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Valves may just need an adjustment. It isn't a very hard job, there is a how to on doing it. Having a video with the sound will help.

nfs480
11-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, tomorrow afternoon I will post at least the audio. Depending on how helpful my brother is willing to be i'll try for a video too. Considering this started after I had the timing belt done i'm hoping it is just timing that needs adjusting.

nfs480
11-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Well, I thought I had a microphone but it turns out I don't. I'm going to have the car in to Honda in a week for a lot of other work and i'll ask them to check it out. I'll be sure to post what it turns out to be.

russiankid
11-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Alright keep us updated.