PDA

View Full Version : A20 cambelt change

Aerodeck-EX
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Does anybody know how to change a cambelt on an A20 engined aerodeck?. i have tried to find a haynes manual for the job but we dont seem to have them this side of the pond :(

cubert
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
click me (http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html)

russiankid
11-26-2007, 06:25 PM
To change the belt, you will need to remove the water pump/alt belt, a/c belt, and power steering belt. Following that, the crankshaft pulley needs to be removed. The bolt holding it is known to be a pain to break loose. Once loose, set the engine to TDC(top dead center). This can be done by aligning the UP mark on the cam gear with the studs on the head that hold the valve cover. Then simple remove the pully, timing belt cover, and undo the tensioner. It is recommended to install a new tensioner, so a good idea to do it. Then just replace the belt making sure everything is lined up.

Before starting the engine, take note on the crankshaft pully where TDC was. Spin the engine over by hand a few times(after everything is back together). Then put the engine back to TDC, the UP mark on the cam should line up with the studs and the pulley should line up with the marking you made. If it does not, belt was installed incorrectly, and should be realigned.

Edit: cubert is also correct, the manual helps a ton.

A18A
11-26-2007, 06:54 PM
i would get TDC by going by looking at the flywheel & the pointer. more accurate than just lining up the cam gear with the head

snoopyloopy
11-26-2007, 06:55 PM
don't forget your ge acg at the same time!

88Accord-DX
11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
While your in there, it's good to replace the tensioner pulley or at least spin it real good & listen for any roughness. If the propeller on the water pump never seen the light of day, consider it too.