PDA

View Full Version : Cai

ninja2571
09-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Do any of u have the cold air intake, that u made from the delsol page...and if u do did u have to move the battery and where/how

Toby
09-17-2002, 04:45 PM
All I did is get the black box where the stock filter gets its air from and drilled 15 holes in it and then installed it back where it was. I have a 92 Civic intake pipe with pod filter wich places the filter right behind the battery and that rubber bit (you will know what I am talking about when you pull it all apart) was then turned a bit to direct cold air into the filter. I am not sure if that clears thing up or not.

89accordlxi
09-17-2002, 06:09 PM
Ok, yes I have made the CAI from the how-to. The only thing that the CAI hits is the upper left corner of the battery. I used 2.5" diameter piping for my CAI. So what I did was just shifted the battery and battery tray just a little bit. I have included a graphic to demonstrate what I mean..
http://www.geocities.com/tvouthilak/images/batterytray.jpg or copy and paste link into address bar..
***NOTE:graphic is only for demonstrational purposes. Actual pivot point and bolt placement is up to individual doing mod.

Lets assume battery tray 1 is in the original position. The red and blue dots are the bolts holding the tray. (I haven't taken the battery out in a while so I am just guessing where they are.)

Now lets use the blue dot as the pivot point. What you will need is a dremel or something similar with a metal grinding bit. The object is to elongate the red bolt holes(see tray 2) so that they are slots so that you can pivot the battery tray.

That is all I did to get it to fit..

Good luck.
peace out..

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=12097

iiviasterp
09-17-2002, 08:32 PM
i think i remember reading that the 90-93 integra cold air intake fits on our cars without havin to relocate the battery.... can anyone back me up on that??

2Fast_Fiero
09-17-2002, 09:27 PM
who cares if they work for our cars? what would you rather spend for performance? $250.00 = POS Name Brand CAI (AKA HOT AIR INTAKE {True Statement}) or $80.00 = KICK ASS Custom Cold Air Intake (VERY COOL Intake {True Statement})??? What they say on the Del Sol Page is correct, I made one for my friends Honda Civic, and it beats the AEM Cold Air Intake that is on my Honda Civic, I mean it kicks its ass off the charts!!! The tempature is cooler, and the power is better. I don't know about you but I'm a Custom Cold Air intake BELIVER, and SCREW the short ram intakes, none of you can say about my intake on the 87 accord because its pulls in air when you have a short ram intake which catches the IDENTICAL air that mine does (Well Did Atleast). I totaly sugjest you buy the parts and do this intake yourself, its alot nicer. I'll have pictures of the cold air intake on a '98 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cam V6 whenever my brother gives me 75 bucks for it. But if you insist, I could go to a junk yard and check out the shit on the Integra. I think it will work, but it might not because that year had the B16 I belive (Am I Right?) and it might be positioned differently, but I have forgoten what I'm talking about so I gotta go now. Goodluck on CAI!

Jims 86LXI HB
09-18-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by iiviasterp
i think i remember reading that the 90-93 integra cold air intake fits on our cars without havin to relocate the battery.... can anyone back me up on that??

The intake your talking about, the one ment for the teg, is the one I'm selling in the market place. You can see a pic of it their.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6323

ninja2571
09-18-2002, 09:07 AM
that teg intake ur selling, will it fit a 89 lxi , cause thats what i have and if it will fit then i might get it from u instead of buyin the things to make my own

Jims 86LXI HB
09-18-2002, 10:52 AM
ninja2571 check your pm inbox

;)

ninja2571
09-18-2002, 10:58 AM
theres nuthin there
:omg:

Jims 86LXI HB
09-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Their is now:wave:

mike_fx_u
09-20-2002, 04:13 AM
i believe people get short HAI:crying: because the sound coming from the filter is louder when it is in the engine bay and it is also easier and cheaper. i have a friend with a 2000 V6 Accord he put on a short HAI it sounds hella good when u open it up but i doubt that it has any performance gain when the engine bay gets nice and hot. Some people perfer the ricer approach: cheap, how it sounds and looks. but i perfer a custom CAI and nothing less than K&N filter - because most times u get what u pay for.

my thoughts
mike

89accordlxi
09-20-2002, 05:37 AM
;) Exactly!!! Well said..

Peace out..