PDA

View Full Version : Leak After New Windshield by "Pros"

bushbean
12-02-2007, 06:57 AM
So I paid good money to so-called professionals to replace the windshield. Now, the top left of the windshield is leaking; there are drops of water falling onto my lap during rain. I knew I should be done the job myself, like the adage goes: "if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself."

russiankid
12-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Go back to wherever it was done and have them redo it.

lostforawhile
12-02-2007, 09:36 AM
So I paid good money to so-called professionals to replace the windshield. Now, the top left of the windshield is leaking; there are drops of water falling onto my lap during rain. I knew I should be done the job myself, like the adage goes: "if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself."if they won't fix it,go to nappa,and get some of whats called flowable windshield sealant. it comes in a tube like gasket sealer, it flows into the cracks between the rubber seal and the window,and is a permanent fix.

bushbean
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I used "General Silicon Glue" before I read your post. It seems to be keeping the water out...at least for now.

itzdave
12-05-2007, 04:08 PM
yea i used some rtv and silicone (different spots) and it worked on keepin the water out. but they should fix it.