PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Gremlins. :(

86AccordLXSdn
12-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I recently purchased my 3G and there are a few things that really bug me, that I'd like some help with. Hopefully someone here can chime in.

1. The Headlights Stay Up. - The button on the dash does nothing, it does not even illuminate. I've even bought another button from forrest and that didn't correct the problem. I don't here the motor trying to work at all.

2. Drivers side front and rear power door locks don't do anything. - All my Honda's have made grinding, whining etc. when the locks were on their way out. This one does nothing. As if the power on the right side is dead or something. I also bought a new door lock control module for forest thinking that would fix it after reading the forums here; it didn't change anything.

3. The rear passenger window does not do anything. Once again, seems to have no power at all. - Have a new window control unit in the trunk, will try that when I get a chance, but after realizing that the other 3 windows do work, makes me doubt that it's gonna change anything. The front passenger window stops exactly where the rear window does; it does not go all the way down. So weird!

4. BRAKE LAMP - Constantly on. All my bulbs are fresh and work. No idea why it's always on as soon as I hit the brakes.

5. Rear doors do not cause the overhead light to illuminate. The switches work though, they're not stuck; a common issue on the old Honda's.

Where should I start? I've checked EVERY fuse. They were all fine.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Tyler

nfs480
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM
The only one of those problems i've experience is the one with the rear-doors illuminating the dome light. If you pull on the switches for the rear-doors does the light illuminate? Because mine don't come back far enough to set the light off, I think I need to lubricate them or something.

The other problems sound like a wiring issue but I don't know enough about it to really suggest anything.

forrest89sei
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I recently purchased my 3G and there are a few things that really bug me, that I'd like some help with. Hopefully someone here can chime in.

1. The Headlights Stay Up. - The button on the dash does nothing, it does not even illuminate. I've even bought another button from forrest and that didn't correct the problem. I don't here the motor trying to work at all.

2. Drivers side front and rear power door locks don't do anything. - All my Honda's have made grinding, whining etc. when the locks were on their way out. This one does nothing. As if the power on the right side is dead or something. I also bought a new door lock control module for forest thinking that would fix it after reading the forums here; it didn't change anything.

3. The rear passenger window does not do anything. Once again, seems to have no power at all. - Have a new window control unit in the trunk, will try that when I get a chance, but after realizing that the other 3 windows do work, makes me doubt that it's gonna change anything. The front passenger window stops exactly where the rear window does; it does not go all the way down. So weird!

4. BRAKE LAMP - Constantly on. All my bulbs are fresh and work. No idea why it's always on as soon as I hit the brakes.

5. Rear doors do not cause the overhead light to illuminate. The switches work though, they're not stuck; a common issue on the old Honda's.

Where should I start? I've checked EVERY fuse. They were all fine.

Ideas?

Thanks!
Tyler

Ok have you downloaded the PDF Manuals from the Wiki?

Http://www.3geez.wiki-tv.com

what I'd do is read it and Test as it says.

on the brake lamp light stying on, I replaced the Harness on the Tails and it was fine, I found out one of the contacts in the brake lamp socket wasnt contacting the bulb, so when the headlights were on it would light, but the Brake Lamp itself wouldnt light, That causes the Sensor to make the light turn on

86AccordLXSdn
12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Forrest - I did download the manuals. I never thought about trying to find the test methods.

nfs - Maybe they do need lubed, but they spring out if you push them in so I'm pretty sure they're working? ~dunno~ I'll toggle with them in a bit and see...

Oldblueaccord
12-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Brake lamp on the dash means there a bad blub or a short. Make sure your Check the fuse for the headlight motors. You may need a new headlight relay if the switch does not work.

wp

nfs480
12-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Forrest - I did download the manuals. I never thought about trying to find the test methods.

nfs - Maybe they do need lubed, but they spring out if you push them in so I'm pretty sure they're working? ~dunno~ I'll toggle with them in a bit and see...

Yeah, mine spring in and out too. But if I pull on them they will actually light up the interior. Evidently there's some resistance or something that's preventing them from snapping all the way out. Not sure if it's the same for you.