PDA

View Full Version : Radio dies when heater is on

LXlimited
12-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey Guys, I have this situation that when I turn on the heater/blower the radio dies and the heater/blower does not turn on. I’ve checked all the fuses and they are all OK. I also check the wiring of the radio and they are all fine. I just have to re-taped the ground wire. After doing that, the problem is still there. There are times that both the radio and heater/blower works when I re-start the car. Could this be an ignition problem? If so what do I have to replace or check? Thanks in advance!

Blkblurr
12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
It can be the contacts in the ignition and if it is bad you can easily replace the contact block on the ignition switch

bank2me
01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
I have the same problem. How do you replace the contact block on the ignition switch? Anyone?

Hauntd ca3
01-21-2009, 03:38 PM
take off all the trim off the steering column and you'll see it screwed on the end of the ign barrel.
they just screw off and 1 or2 plugs to undo then reverse that when you have the new switch

bank2me
01-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks haunted but I dont think I can buy just the contact block I think I might have to get a new ignition switch. I called the stealership and the guy didnt know what I was talking about. Does anyone know where I can get just the contact block?

dlr1989
01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
When I did mine two years ago several of the local auto parts stores could get them, NPPA, O'Reilly's etc. A Honda dealer should also be able to get one. I actually bought mine from Majestic Honda when ordering other Honda parts.

To get by untill you can get a replacement, you may be able to disconnect your battery, remove your existing one, clean it up and re-install it. That has worked for a number of people, including me.

Hauntd ca3
01-24-2009, 01:32 PM
shouldnt be to hard to get a new switch eh
shouldnt have to replace the whole ign barrel as well
might have to take the old one off and take it to the steelership or autoparts store so they know what you need
if you have the workshop manual in pdf file, how to take it off is in the electrical section section25 page 9

MessyHonda
01-25-2009, 09:41 AM
yeah the ignition switch is easy to change just make sure you disconnect the batt or you will blow a fuse like me...haha

bank2me
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok I will prolly take it apart, clean it and see what happens. I mean it doesnt do it all the time so I wont really be able to tell if it's fixed for a while. We'll see though. Thanks guys.