PDA

View Full Version : Can't find parts for a manual trans swap

Dr_Snooz
12-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for making this such an awesome resource! I know that a lot of you have swapped out your automatic transmissions for manuals. I'd love to do the same, but I seem to be having trouble finding a resource for the parts. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area if that helps.

Thanks!
Paul

Pico
12-07-2007, 08:12 PM
where are you located in the bay area.
I may be able to help you out.

MessyHonda
12-08-2007, 01:53 AM
i got a parts car that i wont need...everything but the trans.

AccordB20A
12-09-2007, 11:11 PM
i got a parts car that i wont need...everything but the trans.
thats helpfull

A18A
12-09-2007, 11:14 PM
i have a parts car too, its a auto though

labeledsk8r
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
your in the bay? you should be able to find parts fairly easy man... theres also a few guys parting cars out on here that have swap parts available , check around the for sale threads for part outs

Dr_Snooz
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
your in the bay? you should be able to find parts fairly easy man... theres also a few guys parting cars out on here that have swap parts available , check around the for sale threads for part outs

That's what I keep thinking. I've called around, emailed ebayers, etc. but can't seem to get a real resounding response. I suppose I could run down to Pic-N-Pull, but most of the stuff there is fairly well worn out.

What I need is below:

• Manual transmission
• MT mount
• MT ECU (from an 88 or 89 only)
• Shift handle, boot, linkage
• Clutch cable
• Flywheel
• Clutch pedal, springs, switch
• Brake pedal
• Whole pedal box (to mount pedals, et al.)
• Gauge cluster (to replace the P, R, N, D4, D3, indicator)
• Any wise counsel you might care to impart

Thanks for the great response. This is an awesome board. I've learned all kinds of stuff.

Paul

Pico
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
That's what I keep thinking. I've called around, emailed ebayers, etc. but can't seem to get a real resounding response. I suppose I could run down to Pic-N-Pull, but most of the stuff there is fairly well worn out.

What I need is below:

• Manual transmission
• MT mount
• MT ECU (from an 88 or 89 only)
• Shift handle, boot, linkage
• Clutch cable
• Flywheel
• Clutch pedal, springs, switch
• Brake pedal
• Whole pedal box (to mount pedals, et al.)
• Gauge cluster (to replace the P, R, N, D4, D3, indicator)
• Any wise counsel you might care to impart

Thanks for the great response. This is an awesome board. I've learned all kinds of stuff.

Paul

Messyhonda has all the parts except the trans and ghettogeddy has a couple of trans laying around.
I can give you advise on the swap since I did my swap a year ago
and we're all located here in the Bay