PDA

View Full Version : Which engine?

dfj240
12-08-2007, 03:20 AM
Alright guys, I'm having quite a dilemma with my accord. I recent bought myself a 90 240SX that I just swapped the motor in, and now that I've got it daily driveable, I want to start tearing into my AD5. I've located a B18B LS out of a 96 Integra, along with quite a few admirable turbo parts for it, but my problem, as you guessed just reading the letters B18B, is the fuel system swap. I've been looking at some different motor options, and I am pretty bent on keeping the car carbureted. Now I'm quite interested in the B18A, but from what I have read so far from searching is that, searching for the motor itself will be a bigger chore than searching for info on it. I'm pretty sure that if I set my mind to it, that I could find one, but my question is this... I live in Dallas, TX, USA, and I know of the exact place, that I could drive at any time, and pick up a B20A Carb'd that came out of a prelude. Now, my final goal is just under 200 bhp. Not immediately, but after I'm done with it, that's my goal. Am I better off with the B18A, or is the B20A going to do just fine at 190 bhp? Or should I just go ahead and shoot kick myself in the ass and start, what sounds like the worst headache of all time, by going ahead and converting to FI? I've found a lot of good information on this site, and you guys seem to be a cool group of guys, that really knows your stuff, so what do you think?

B18A
B20A
B18B - LS-Turbo

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful information.

-Nathan

labeledsk8r
12-08-2007, 03:46 AM
well first off welcome to 3geez. now that B20 carb out of that prelude, is utter crap, dont waste your time, first off that b20 will not bolt in like the JDM ones you mighta read about. its only good for about 10-15 more HP then your A20 and you would have to do custom mounts custom wireing custom linkage etc etc. waste of money. the B18 is a good powerfull engine that a few people run (and i mean few) theres a good how to on welding your engine mounts up and all that since theres no swap kits for these cars, but as you saidf your bigest problem is swaping to FI. really its all up to what you want to do. you can get some good power out of the A20 carb, throw a weber on with full exhaust cam shaft ignition setup and cut some weight out and it should do allright... swap to FI a20 and you ca nget even more power includeing obd1 swap with turbo if wanted... or go custom engine in... you just gotta ask youself... how much time and money do you wana put into it... good luck

2oodoor
12-08-2007, 04:02 AM
there was a 96 Integra with a B18 carb??
that don't sound right ~~~
190 whp should be easy to get to, swapping to FI is not that bad as long as you have the harness , intake complete, and ecu from the same body, it is plug and play. You may need the head from FI car as well depending on which motor you go with, for all you have to do anyway you may as well make it vtec.
Carbed, you can get there with weber(s)custom intake and head work, crank fired ignition, and trick exhaust.
your nissan is going to get jealous.. lol