PDA

View Full Version : arg @ sprint

ZackieDarko
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I really need to put my rear discs on. I also want different springs now. Or maybe it's just the very unbalanced braking my car has.

For anyone who has been in WA on HWY18 you might get the picture. Last night around 1am I was on my way home from my buddys house. I decided I wanted to go fast, so I did. I was doing 105-110mph coming around a loooong sweeping corner that ended (the curve of the corner not the road) at my exit. I knew the exit was right around the bend so I got on the brakes. My car kinda shuttered side to side, nothing to major but enough to make me think twice about doing that again around a corner.

I have tokico blues/sprint 2.25" springs all around and the 11.1"/TypeR front upgrade. The rear brakes are stock. 15" webs with 205/50/15 nitto gen gens.

I am thinking the movement of the car is mostly due to the rears not having enough stoping power. The springs may have something to do with it but I am leaning more torwards the brakes.

teamontherun
12-08-2007, 04:32 PM
just wondering if you have the stock proportioning valve. might have something to do with it.

ZackieDarko
12-08-2007, 05:51 PM
just wondering if you have the stock proportioning valve. might have something to do with it.

yes i do

i have the SE-i one but have not installed it due to partialy striping the hardlines with a shitty line wrench

MessyHonda
12-08-2007, 10:16 PM
maybe your rear shoes are no good also...yesterday i got to drive a stock coupe...and the pedal went down all the way...kinda scary but damn...the stock lx-i has alot of torque lowend...i kinda miss that

ZackieDarko
12-08-2007, 11:37 PM
maybe your rear shoes are no good also...yesterday i got to drive a stock coupe...and the pedal went down all the way...kinda scary but damn...the stock lx-i has alot of torque lowend...i kinda miss that

i <3 my tq

2drSE-i
12-23-2007, 09:13 AM
i figured i might shine some light on ya since this thread has been sitting a lil bit and im bored. Your springs wont be the problem i dont think, nor the Prop valve. More than likely the problem is uneven shoe wear or even something as simple as you running over a rock or something, but more than likely it was just that your rear brakes were trying to keep up with your big brakes up front, and it didnt work out. Besides that, ive never driven a 3g accord that handled very well under hard braking, especially while turning

Zufer
12-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I'd just like to point out that braking and turning is never a very good idea. i don't know if any of you have ever looked at a traction circle, but basically you have acceleration and deceleration as well as left and right turning. your tires have a finite amount of grip. Therefore, if you are mixing the modes of using this traction your limits are much lower.

Now i know with my car if i brake hard it gets very darty. This is due to the sping rates i'm using, and the alignment on my car.

If the car is shuddering, then i'd say it would be the brakes. If it is darting or feeling loose i'd point to either road conditions or setup/alignment of the suspension.