PDA

View Full Version : Ignitor on Toyo denso dizzy!!

sunofogun
12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey guys I have a 89 accord lx carb and i want to test my ignitor before i order a whole distributor. My question is,,, has anyone gotten the cover off with the dizzy still bolted on? I am a BMW mechanic, yes haha and I'm used to having to deal with hard to access bolts and screws but the back screw is pretty much impossible to get a good grip on(the thermostat pipe is up against it) . You know how those old philips head screws strip out real easy!! I dont want that to happen! lol So has anyone done it successfully? any tips? Also we do not have a capacitor tester at work, does anyone know where i can get it tested cheap and easy, or a place to get one besides Honda?

sunofogun
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM
sorry about the last part there, I was referring to testing the radio condensor lol

newtuner
12-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I had lots of trouble with that also! i had to use a dremel to make it a standard screw then broke it loose.. not much u can do with those that i can think of! also any tv repair shop should beable to test your radio condensor for free or pretty much nothing!