PDA

View Full Version : no parking or dash lights

teamontherun
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I took out my dash yesterday to install my alarm so no one could just cut the wires under the dash. go it all put back together and no dash or parking lights. Does any one know what is on that light circuit? what i mean is i know if the dimmer switch isnt hooked up, the lights wont work because that switch is in line with that circuit. what else is on that circuit?

Thanks ahead of time

itzdave
12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
do your taillights work? i know that there is a red wire for the factory radio that controls the lights for it, if ya got an aftermarket radio, that red wire might be touching something and causing a short. that happened to me, and it took a long time to figure it out. thats how i found out about this site.

teamontherun
12-14-2007, 12:48 PM
nice... i did put in an aftermarket cd yesterday also... thanks so much, ill check it out.

teamontherun
12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Thats exactly what it was. Thanks so much.

I thought this forum was a little slow compaired to some of the more popular ones but you have come through fast and effectively.

Thanks

itzdave
12-14-2007, 04:38 PM
:cheers:you got it. glad i could help somebody. jsut be sure and put a bunch of electrical tape on it and get it out of the way.

iceman1357
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
just to chime in this happend to me as well. the wire was fried for 3 inches from where it was grounding.

teamontherun
12-15-2007, 02:30 PM
kind of sounds like you had the wrong size fuse for that circuit. min wasnt fried, it just blew the 15a fuse.

iceman1357
12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
kind of sounds like you had the wrong size fuse for that circuit. min wasnt fried, it just blew the 15a fuse.

yeah I replaced that fuse a bunch.... I had no idea what I was doing at the time first car first problem.... I didnt have a radio so it would just tap the radio casing and short out my head and dash lights... for like 3 months. it was bad.

itzdave
12-15-2007, 05:02 PM
yea, i went thru about 3 boxes of fuses trying to figure it out... everytime i turned on the lights, POP.