PDA

View Full Version : Power door lock noise

teamontherun
12-16-2007, 01:32 PM
sense you were so helpful with my light problem ill give this one a try...

I have power door locks on my 86 lx. my driver door lock actuator makes a weird noise when you unlock the doors. The lock functions when you press the button but makes a like 1.5 second errrr noise. Sorry but thats the only way to describe it. and its only on the driver door. Has anyone had any problem like that?

Toneloc5145
12-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I know exactly what sound your talking about. My locks do that when I lock the car, and it's done that for as long as I can remember, which is a long time. I believe that it is supposed to do that, though I don't know why it does it.

teamontherun
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
mine is only the drivers door and it just started

jdaddy88lx-i
12-16-2007, 07:06 PM
:dunno:mines alwys done it as long as i remember

teamontherun
12-16-2007, 08:59 PM
does yours do it loud? mine is kinda uncomfortably loud. im probably gonna have to got another one at the junk yard

A18A
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
mine used to do that too

EricW
12-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Their not supposed to do that. What has happened is the worm gear on the actuator motor has become loose enough on the shaft that it can move toward and away from the actuator motor on the shaft. I've tried several different things to keep it from happening but they usually just ended up in the worm gear breaking. The only thing I have found to solve the problem is to replace the actuator assembly which isn't that hard to do its just takes time because of its location.

Civic Accord Honda
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
sometimes mine lock then unlock then lock again then unlock when i try to lock them and makes like a clunking sound =/

AccordB20A
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
But thats your car cah so its not counted. I think mine operate properly. But after they have locked they all make a noise, But every honda ive been in has rone that.

teamontherun
12-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Well, to all people who said there doors make that noise i suggest you get a replacement lock motor. I got mine from ecology for $9 with warranty. took my old one apart and the worm gear was missing some pieces and was screwing up the other gears. Now its nice and quiet again.

AC439
12-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Well, to all people who said there doors make that noise i suggest you get a replacement lock motor. I got mine from ecology for $9 with warranty. took my old one apart and the worm gear was missing some pieces and was screwing up the other gears. Now its nice and quiet again.

I do have the same problem. Please post link to ecology so I can get the replacement lock motor. Thanks.

A18A
12-23-2007, 06:56 PM
what i did was save the $9 and ignored the sound :)

zigzag
12-23-2007, 08:40 PM
eh, mine seems to work fine.... nothing out of the norm other than my alarm sometimes wont unlock my doors when i disarm my car.... but they lock when i arm it.... weird huh.