PDA

View Full Version : Head unit

86ccord
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
allright.. well if you guys didnt know.. ive got me a new head unit for christmas.. well early christmas.. and i was wondering if anyone knows how to get my stock radio out so i can put the new one in..

pics will be posted as soon as i can get the old one out.. and after christmas.. lol

itzdave
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
umm. yea, undo some screws, cut some wires, tape some wires, WATCH OUT FOR THE RED WIRE!!! and install. ya might wanna look for a diagram to help ya know what wires go where. im pretty sure you can find the wire schematics at pauldesign.

AccordB20A
12-17-2007, 04:51 PM
LOL. nice write up from dave!. ill be more precise. I think the OEMdeck is held in by a screw or 2 at the back, u gta take the ash tray out to get at it.

if its anything like mine the power wires arent red, they are orange and yellow striped. Im sure after u get the stereo out you will figure out what wires what.

itzdave
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
sorry, when i got my car, it had no radio. and the red wire im talkin bout is the one that controls the lights in the oem radio, it doesnt do to anything on a aftermarket receiver and if it touches/grounds then all the dash lights and tail lights wont work. a few people have had problems with that (including myself and a guy who posted about it a couple days ago)

Civic Accord Honda
12-17-2007, 05:19 PM
umm. yea, undo some screws, cut some wires, tape some wires, WATCH OUT FOR THE RED WIRE!!! and install. ya might wanna look for a diagram to help ya know what wires go where. im pretty sure you can find the wire schematics at pauldesign.
indeed !

and remove the ashtray and under the dash u should see 2 10MM bolts just unbolt thos yank that bitch out cut the wires then wire it up then just tape off that evil red wire with the black stripe so u dont blow ur lights out lol

russiankid
12-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Or do it right and buy a harness and solder the connections to the new harness so you don't hack up the stock wiring and connector.

MessyHonda
12-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Or do it right and buy a harness and solder the connections to the new harness so you don't hack up the stock wiring and connector.

werd that is that i did and i like it...because i can always go back to stock if i was going to sell the car..

knarg
12-18-2007, 02:05 AM
i highly suggest getting a wiring harness

"x" brand -> honda

86ccord
12-18-2007, 02:29 AM
yeah i have all the harnesses and everything.. its just i was wondering how to get the stock radio out before i looked at it so i could have an idea.. but thanks guys.. so hopefully i will have no problems installing after christmas..