PDA

View Full Version : Dent in Hood

nfs480
12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
My mom backed into my SE-i and left a large dent in the hood. What is the best way to remove it? (Sorry about horrible cell phone camera)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/nfs480/Photo0195.jpg

itzdave
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
body hammer, bean bag, bondo, prime, paint. but if ur lucky ya might not have to repaint it if you can beat it just right(from the inside).
prolly be easier to just get a new hood tho.

labeledsk8r
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
first slap mom lol naa just playing... but just try to tap it out with a ruber rounded hammer... it wont get perfect ever but it will be better... it will be much easyer to buy a new hood... you guys got a junk yard in your area?

Civic Accord Honda
12-18-2007, 06:08 PM
get a hammer go up to your moms hood and bash it in :D

nfs480
12-18-2007, 06:16 PM
get a hammer go up to your moms hood and bash it in :D

I'm tempted. I've got it at Honda now and they're gonna see what they can do about it. They didn't sound too confident though.

Pico
12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Dont Laugh but I've used this product on dents and it's helped, just becareful if your paint or clearcoat is worn it will take it off.
http://www.dingking.tv/

nfs480
12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Dont Laugh but I've used this product on dents and it's helped, just becareful if your paint or clearcoat is worn it will take it off.
http://www.dingking.tv/

Wow, my dad actually just suggested that yesterday and I didn't think it would work. It's good to hear from someone who's actually used it. I actually have OEM touch-up paint for the car so I suppose I could give that a try and paint over any paint damage. Thanks for the info.

87LXiR
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Ive got the exact same dent on my hood only on the other side of the H. The problem with repairing that area is that you cant, "push it out" Reason being that on the other side of the hood is reinforced, closing off the only means of pushing it out. Aside from the ding king, you could use a stud welder(not exactly sure if thats what its called) and take a slide hammer to it. That or get another hood at the JY

MessyHonda
12-19-2007, 01:10 AM
i say screw it and get your self a CF hood

Cheeseburger
12-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Ive got the exact same dent on my hood only on the other side of the H. The problem with repairing that area is that you cant, "push it out" Reason being that on the other side of the hood is reinforced, closing off the only means of pushing it out. Aside from the ding king, you could use a stud welder(not exactly sure if thats what its called) and take a slide hammer to it. That or get another hood at the JY

yeah i had the same type of dent on my old hood. u cant just tap it out from the inside. I tried dent king for that type of dent and it didnt help out to much. I think ur best bet is to just get another hood

mushroom_toy
12-19-2007, 03:36 AM
Take a hammer to the other side so it matches....then you got yourself a rare one of a kind two dented air deflecting jdm tyte hood.

jk.

race12001
12-19-2007, 07:10 AM
if you use the ding king dont use the black hot glue stick i had a hard time gettin the black residue off

2oodoor
12-19-2007, 07:25 AM
that is a bad spot, you are going to need another hood

It is in the middle of a contour, and is braced underneath, and is right above the radiator which could affect the bondo eventually.

88Accord-DX
12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
We have this guy that does paint-less dent repair, has all these special probes & stuff. It's pretty cool how he does it. Anyhow, even pulling that dent out with a puller or stud welder, you need to know your sh*t in getting the contour of that bend with body filler.

nfs480
12-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I've got a guy at Honda who's gonna try and get it out, we'll see if he's successful or not.