PDA

View Full Version : OKay its time to paint this sucker..help!

Micah 89LXi
09-17-2002, 10:59 PM
whats teh cheapest halfway decent looking paint job i could get..besides painting it myself..which ive considered...my car runs fine..but now it has a dark grey fender and a blue headlight cover...and man i just want to too look nicer..i wouldnt mind having it painted to match the colour of the fender i put on her..its kind of a gunmetal grey..i really like it..the blue is horrid..well to be anyways..it a baby blue (barf)..thats fine for a buick....help..my accord will never look good again im afraid..i gotta do somethin

Chubs87Accord
09-18-2002, 10:44 AM
uh oh.. better get maaco

doug
09-18-2002, 12:48 PM
i went to small paint and body shops and got estimates, I took the cheapest for dark blue metallic with 3 layers of clear coat.
800 bucks. Overall it looks good. There was a hell of alot of sanding and prep needed on my car. It turns out that there is too much low grade orange peel and a few spots that look fisheye but the guy that did it is near sixty and I cut some slack. Point is ...shop around on the independent small shops, check with local car clubs on local shops, call a few insurance agents to get budget shop tips, in other words ....do some homework.

1989se-i
09-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Spray paint=94 cents/can... think about it..... :p

shepherd79
09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
i painted my hood with spray paint. it been there for a year and no peeling.
i am doing my bumpers right now.
maybe next summer i will take to a pint shop to paint it white or dark blue (it is light blue right now with blue interior).

Micah 89LXi
09-18-2002, 10:04 PM
i have the crazy maroon red interior..so either im gonn ahve to tint the hell out of it or get it painted a colour that will somewhat gi with it..which i think dark metallic grey (gunmetal) works
..well it looks like gunmetal to me..its an original accord colour i know that..im talking about the replacement fender i got

Mike89Accordcom
09-18-2002, 11:40 PM
#1 thing is match your interior, if you don't you'll kick yourself. When I had mine done I made sure it would go with my interior. Ya sounds like maaco is your best bet if you don't want to spend a lot.