PDA

View Full Version : "trans cooler"? not quite

POS carb
05-08-2002, 09:36 AM
I took my radiator apart and by the looks of it it appers that the purpose is not to cool as much as to maintain a steady temperature to the trans. I'll take a picture of the "cooler" if I can get a camera but it appears that it's just a hollow copper pipe

PhydeauX
05-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Its just like how they refer to the powersteering line that runs up front as the "power steering cooler" even though you look at the thing and think to yourself wtf do they think that is cooling. That line in the rad should help keep it from overheating, but a aftermarket cooler will do the job better.

andy

accordlx
05-09-2002, 02:28 AM
Believe it or not, some of the aftermarket trans coolers are no more than what we have.

Case in point. Click this link (http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=27061&prmenbr=76)

jteuton
05-09-2002, 06:52 PM
the p/s cooler is a complete joke.....the line just goes down and does a u turn in front of the car. Wow its giving me chills thinking about it....jteuton

POS carb
05-09-2002, 10:37 PM
I had to pry the kink out of that "cooler" with my jack's pipe after my wreck last year lol