PDA

View Full Version : Power Door Locks

86ccord
12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
allright.. i was messing around with my car and i come to find out that when i lock my doors.. all of them lock exept for my driverside door.. the lil idk.."stick" thing doesnt sink down in the door like its supposed to.. anyone have any ideas or clues of what may be happening and how i can fix it?

ill prolly have to take the door apart and look at it...

russiankid
12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Are you locking the doors while the driver door is closed or open? If it is open you will not be able to lock it as its a safety feature, if its closed you might have a bad actuator.

AndrewSi
12-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Are you locking it with the key from the outside or pushing the button from the inside?

If you are pushing the button from the inside the drivers side lock wont lock its set up that way, in order to get it to lock you have to pull up on the door handle and push the lock button at the same time.

It you are using the key from the outside, then something might be wrong inside with the lock.

86ccord
12-21-2007, 04:47 AM
oh ok.. yeah i havnt even thought about that.. well imma go try it.. and see what happens.. but i have a feeling that i gotta take my door apart.. lol

2oodoor
12-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Are you locking it with the key from the outside or pushing the button from the inside?

If you are pushing the button from the inside the drivers side lock wont lock its set up that way, in order to get it to lock you have to pull up on the door handle and push the lock button at the same time.

It you are using the key from the outside, then something might be wrong inside with the lock.

yea I had my car a year or so before I found out about that !!! if you want to lock all doors including the drivers door just pull out the inside handle as if you were opening it (of couse the door is already open though) and push the lock knob down at the same time.

w261w261
12-21-2007, 06:57 AM
yea I had my car a year or so before I found out about that !!! if you want to lock all doors including the drivers door just pull out the inside handle as if you were opening it (of couse the door is already open though) and push the lock knob down at the same time.

That must be how I've managed to lock myself out of the car twice now with the motor running.

86ccord
12-21-2007, 03:42 PM
That must be how I've managed to lock myself out of the car twice now with the motor running.

not to be an ass.. but thats really funny.. how in the world did you get back in your car? lmao..

but yeah.. my lil stick thingy doesnt even go down all the way.. so imma have to take my door part.. its old.. and hasnt been used much soo imma have to lube it up and repair prolly so ill let you guys know what happens..

btw.. whatis that lil stick thing called.. i feel like a bum by calling it a "stick" thing.. lmao

w261w261
12-25-2007, 04:11 PM
< how in the world did you get back in your car? >

The first time it happened I closed the door gently when I went to drop a letter in a mailbox. I could therefore get a coat hanger in and pop the lock. It was outside the Bridgeport CT jail, in a light rain, and I vowed I would stash a spare key to keep it from happening again. I didn't.

The second time was on a lonely beach in the off-season, which meant a half mile walk to a (thankfully) open store to borrow a phone (my cell was inside the car of course), call my wife, who was not happy to drive 45 minutes to deliver me a spare key. My 17 year old made hay of this incident. I did finally get a Hide-a-key.

Now, before I close the door with the key in the ignition, I reflexedly check to make sure everything is unlocked. As I write this, I'm also trying to remember just exactly where I stashed the spare key. Sheesh.