PDA

View Full Version : Won't switch between Rec and fresh

chriskatana
12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Everything on my climate control works but I cannot get it to switch between Fresh and Rec. it's stuck on REC.. I checked Fuse #5 and the rear defroster does work.
Is there a way to manually switch to fresh air? I'd rather it be stuck there if I cannot get the switch to function.

itzdave
12-23-2007, 10:29 AM
i dunno for sure, but i do know that on the firewall there is some little thing that gets pulled by a cable and im pretty sure it has to do with the heater controls, ya might check if the cable came off/broke. ya might be able to adjust it from that(temp fix)?

AccordB20A
12-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Nah that firewall thing controlls the air temperature, hot or cold by turning the water off.

I cant remember how a manual accord heater system works. prolly a bung actuator.. it will be in the blower prt of the heater. You may be ablew to remove it from under the dash with the dash still in and flap the large flap thats on it. OR you can just replkace the whole blower box lol.

itzdave
12-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Nah that firewall thing controlls the air temperature, hot or cold by turning the water off.

I cant remember how a manual accord heater system works. prolly a bung actuator.. it will be in the blower prt of the heater. You may be ablew to remove it from under the dash with the dash still in and flap the large flap thats on it. OR you can just replkace the whole blower box lol.

oh, sorry.
haha! you said bung...

chriskatana
12-26-2007, 07:10 AM
Problem resolved, I pulled the airbox out and found a rats nest in my blower fan and the actuator for the fresh/rec was bound up, got it all moving freely and reinstalled.
The problem now is that the blower only works on HI any clue on that one?

Searched and Found the answer to that one too.. The resistor.. Holler!

itzdave
12-26-2007, 10:16 AM
:thumbdn: for the rats nest...

w261w261
12-26-2007, 11:36 AM
But did you find the rat? "What's that scurrying sound Mildred?"

itzdave
12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
i found a squierrel nest in my cadillac one time and he(she?) had eaten a bunch of wires and i was soo pissed, didnt know what to do. so i put a little bit of antifreeze in a bowl and left it in there, never saw it again...
(dont send hate mail for this)

AccordB20A
12-26-2007, 01:05 PM
ohh all the interesting creatures u guys find in your cars haha

good too see that you fixed it.

w261w261
12-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I feel badly for the mice that I poison every winter in my basement ceiling, but not badly enough to stop.