PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding the brakes....

GTRSkyline43
12-25-2007, 01:31 PM
so xmas eve i was bored and decided to change my oil, since it has been 3-4 months and 4000 miles also i was gonna finally bleed my brakes...got done chaning my oil everything went good besides busting my pinkie on the concrete floor trying to loosen the oil pan drain plug...so then i bleed my brakes...i had 2 different brands and i did research and it said not to mix the 2 different brands so i bleed the brakes till there wasnt any...so i did that...open valve while the pedal was pushed down and closed then up with the pedal...topped off the master cylinder with new brakes fluids...did it again till the new fluid came out...after i was done test drove it...results was no brakes! i step on the pedal all the way down and nothing...but a small amount of brake force... i followed

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49664&highlight=bleeding+the+brakes

i told my brother and talked to my auto intruder and according to them its rear right, rear left, front left, front right...so imma go with that since the one above didnt help at all...

Oldblueaccord
12-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Sounds like you got air in the system by letting the master cylinder go dry.

There is a small possiblity that your pressed down to far on the MC and it is broken internally.

wp

2ndGenGuy
12-25-2007, 02:49 PM
You definitely shoudln't have bled it dry like that. I think you've still most likely got just a ton of air in the lines. It's going to take some serious bleeding at this point now...

w261w261
12-25-2007, 03:41 PM
< everything went good besides busting my pinkie on the concrete floor trying to loosen the oil pan drain plug...>

You don't need to tighten the drain plug that tight. Are you using the crushable washers on it? If you get too enthusiastic about wrenching it up, you might strip the threads in the hole..........putting in a new oil pan is a PITA.

88Accord-DX
12-25-2007, 07:26 PM
You have to bleed the brakes probably 3-4 times & have a good quart of brake fluid since you got so much air in the system draining it like that.

GTRSkyline43
12-25-2007, 07:35 PM
i didnt dry it dry...i opened the master cylinger and there was still some left in there....i did it the wrong way...i went front left, rear right, front left, rear left...when it should have went rear right, rear left, front left, front right...

russiankid
12-25-2007, 07:58 PM
When bleeding brakes, you bleed the side that is farthest from the MS first. So it would be rear right, rear left, front right, front left. When i bleed mine, after i didn't see any air coming out i went over the sequence two times just to be sure.

GTRSkyline43
12-26-2007, 12:53 AM
yea...imma do it first thing 2maro morning...gonna keep bleeding and adding fluids till fresh fluids comes out of the valve...

GTRSkyline43
12-26-2007, 02:35 PM
so i just finished!!!!wooohooo!!! its way better then i started and even better then yesterday... the thing is now i gotta change the pads..i was inspecting them and its almost up to the point where the runn out bracket almost close to the rotors...so thats the next project...other than that brakes works good just little air when i press but very little...later on 2day gonna pick up a chilition manual for my 3geez from kragen...friend gonna buy it for me as a xmas present..... SWEET!!!!