PDA

View Full Version : 95' Accord Totaled :(

F22B1VTEC
12-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Well, my accord got totalled last sunday...
I was driving down the highway when some lady locked up her brakes on the ice, and i had to swerve to avoid her, and well... i started spinning and hit the blunt end of a guard rail and well... lets just say the side of my car is totally jacked up to say the least. I got an estimate from a local body shop, and its estimated damage is around $4,850. Which is over what my car is worth, and that was just a rough estimate, its gonna cost probably more than that. So yeah, my car got raped, and im gonna have to get a new one. A Honda of course. ;)

lostforawhile
12-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Well, my accord got totalled last sunday...
I was driving down the highway when some lady locked up her brakes on the ice, and i had to swerve to avoid her, and well... i started spinning and hit the blunt end of a guard rail and well... lets just say the side of my car is totally jacked up to say the least. I got an estimate from a local body shop, and its estimated damage is around $4,850. Which is over what my car is worth, and that was just a rough estimate, its gonna cost probably more than that. So yeah, my car got raped, and im gonna have to get a new one. A Honda of course. ;)glad you are ok.could have been much worse. i hear the vultures wings flapping in the back ground. if you can save me the badges lol, they look a little nicer then the 86 ones do. you ought to buy it back salvage,and part it out on ebay. you could make quite a bit on the drive train alone for a late model accord. or buy the same model accord,and part out yours for spares. usually you can buy them back for next to nothing.

lostforawhile
12-27-2007, 07:11 PM
i edited my post while you were reading it.

MessyHonda
12-28-2007, 12:24 AM
that sucks...i almost hit a lady today also...she was on her cell phone trying to switch lanes...good thing the dx has alright brakes.

labeledsk8r
12-28-2007, 12:57 AM
sucks man... this is my first year in idaho (or driveing in snow) and man my big car hates it... traction controle and all doesnt help....almost got hit the other day comeing down a hill.. damn stop sign on the hill the car couldnt grip to stop... slid right threw... damn idaho... damn it to hell

F22B1VTEC
12-28-2007, 05:55 PM
So how much would you say i could buy the car back for? And if i did, could i still register it, and drive it, maybe fix it up my best by myself? Cuz its totally drivable, i drive it every day to work right now actually. Just waiting for the insurance person to come look and "asses" the damage.
And now im also looking for a new car. Im thinking about a 2002 Honda Civic Si hatch.

Ichiban
12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I nearly wiped out my 2g on a herd of elk the other day. I came around the corner on glare ice and there they were, about 20 in total. Everyone panicked, elk were slipping and falling on the highway, I somehow fishtailed through, missing some by inches. Scary as all hell.

lostforawhile
12-28-2007, 06:37 PM
So how much would you say i could buy the car back for? And if i did, could i still register it, and drive it, maybe fix it up my best by myself? Cuz its totally drivable, i drive it every day to work right now actually. Just waiting for the insurance person to come look and "asses" the damage.
And now im also looking for a new car. Im thinking about a 2002 Honda Civic Si hatch.
i don't know if you could drive it in your state, i would call the insurance company and ask about buying it back for a parts car,then if you can't sell it,strip it and make some dough.