PDA

View Full Version : Offer to 3geez

[LoD]Miseryland
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
If i was to make a /auto/ or /accord/ would 3geez approve of this and make use of it, or is this just a /fail/ idea?

Im merely making a kusaba based board not specifically with 3geez in mind but if i added a /accord/ or whatever, would any use of it happen, i ask because meh, its lonely without any users, and of course, with 10gigs of space and unlimited bandwidth + 100mbps connection, well it sucks not to have it be put to any use.

And please, in b4 b&, allegations of hax/whatever.

and if this idea isnt all fail, Forced anonymous Y/N?

[LoD]Miseryland
12-28-2007, 09:40 AM
oops well prehaps i should have posted a link first, pwned.
http://www.datadump.v56.in/kusaba/kusabav103/3gee/
the rest of the chan is done or is going to be done in the style of most chans before it, so /b/ is functionally the equivalent to off topic and possibly, but not necessarily x rated on forums

Protip: reply button is broken due to aids, till fixed use the quick reply button instead XD

Also if this gets any use, /r/ your amazing photoshoppers to make a title pic relevent to the board, rather than the default one i gave for the lulz

lostforawhile
12-28-2007, 09:51 AM
what the hell did he just say?

[LoD]Miseryland
12-28-2007, 10:00 AM
what the hell did he just say?

I politely requested that if my imageboard i made for 3geez users is of any use, that someone kindly photoshop up some more appropriate graphics for the /3gee/ board

I also mentioned somethings minorly broken, and the reply button dosent work at the moment, and if you are replying to a post to please use the quick reply button

All boards currently default to this
http://www.datadump.v56.in/kusaba/kusabav103/b/src/119886510076.gif

2oodoor
12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
:stick::kekeke:what language is this?
the third post was at least coherent

bot werkchoy yak prn oinisidious
pic noz wipe boo gerwhat is this mad gab?

MessyHonda
12-28-2007, 12:26 PM
english please.....can you go back and read the first comment out loud to your self.....see if you can understand your self

frantik
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM
the scary thing is i understood it :kekeke:

i dont see why you need permission from 3geez to start a forum with an "auto" or "accord" subforum. perhaps if you used the name "3geez" for the subforum it might be a lil different

fogged
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
:wtf: Ok...... I dont read like that.

labeledsk8r
12-28-2007, 12:48 PM
the scary thing is i understood it :kekeke:

same lol had to read it a few times though....

but i agree you shouldnt need permision... unless you use the 3geez name... then you might... i just dunno how many people would use it... since well... we are on a perfectly working car forum as we speak lol

[LoD]Miseryland
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
lol messy, what i said made perfect sense, but perhaps if i used less of the (channel) community jargon, it would make more sense so ill translate :D

If i was to make a /auto/ or /accord/ would 3geez approve of this
and make use of it, or is this just a /fail/ idea?

/putsomethinghere/ refers to the specific board, ie /3gee/ would mean the particular board im refering to is called /3gee/,
I then ask if the 3geez community would approve if i did, when i refered to it being a /fail/ idea, that means im asking if this idea was something that should be thrown into the board /fail/, funnily enough /fail/ is usually reserved for ideas/people/things that fail :rly: ya'rly Nowai! :rofl:

Im merely making a kusaba based board not specifically with 3geez in mind
but if i added a /accord/ or whatever, would any use of it happen, i ask because meh,
its lonely without any users, and of course, with 10gigs of space and unlimited bandwidth
+ 100mbps connection, well it sucks not to have it be put to any use.

Kusaba is referring to the software the board runs on, www.kusaba.org
then i ask if it would get any use, meh can be translated into a sigh of indifference, and of course look at my hosting plan, decent speed, unlimited bandwidth, (immune to bandwidth raep style ddos attack :rocket:) and with a decent amount of storage for images, then i say it sucks not putting it to use.

And please, in b4 b&, allegations of hax/whatever.
and please in before banhammer, allegation of hax/shocklike site/ other random allegations.

and if this idea isnt all fail,
you get the idea above this text

Forced anonymous Y/N?
forced anonymous is a option that can be set to different boards, disallowing the use of "tripcodes" which is the imageboard equivalent to user registration, and im asking you if you would want forced anon on or off.

[LoD]Miseryland
12-28-2007, 01:22 PM
same lol had to read it a few times though....

but i agree you shouldnt need permision... unless you use the 3geez name... then you might... i just dunno how many people would use it... since well... we are on a perfectly working car forum as we speak lol

Point taken, removed subdirectory /3gee/ and replaced it with /acc/, and no, what i guess is ive seen quite a few people complain about poor quality imagehosting and whatnot, links being broken and all, so i figured by adding a seperate imageboard for you guys, i can not only inflate my e-penis with traffic on my site, but because kusaba is based around anonymous posting anyway, we dont really get "members" as such, rather users, closest thing to a member is a "tripcode" using poster

The idea was more a "if this was available in comparison to say photobucket, or something that can be easily ddosed, or merely having your account baleeted, as i noted in some thread here somewhere, would you use it" knowing that i have unlimited bandwidth, its not so much a community (in the way i was thinking 3geez members would use it) as it is free pretty reliable photohosting. (by free i mean, im mates with the reseller XD)
UPDATED LINK http://www.datadump.v56.in/kusaba/kusabav103/acc/

2oodoor
12-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Im sure you probably mean well. It sounds like you have spent way too many earth revolutions with code and cold coffees. :wave:
I am not a computer geek by far, but I admire those of you that put the efforts to make the information and graphics work.
>non hostile response

[LoD]Miseryland
12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Im sure you probably mean well. It sounds like you have spent way too many earth revolutions with code and cold coffees. :wave:
I am not a computer geek by far, but I admire those of you that put the efforts to make the information and graphics work.
>non hostile response
^<Yea i know exactly what you mean, well, except for the cold coffee, i have this handy
http://www.datadump.v56.in/kusaba/kusabav103/r/src/119888456352.jpg
Yea diy electrical repair FTW/FTL if ever a "electrical fault" causes a housefire!

Lulwut? at your avatar roodoo, epic, is that shooped, or can you actually buy that?

2oodoor
12-28-2007, 03:45 PM
expresso machine, all others inferior :cheers:
yep I got it for xmas, came for target it think, I thought it was oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp. I havent tried it out yet, I assume it will be a maple /caramel tint flavor like other JD shtuff

lostforawhile
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I speak carb speak,and three g speak but not computer tech speak,i even speak wookie somewhat, {my dog speaks it as well as chewbacaa} but other then that i'm lost as far as what was said,except for the translation.

race12001
12-28-2007, 04:50 PM
you can buy that thats what my dad drinks and i understood everything you said too

itzdave
12-28-2007, 06:09 PM
so... after reading the whole thread im still like, huh? you want to make a new forum about cars with auto trannys? why???

frantik
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I speak carb speak,and three g speak but not computer tech speak,i even speak wookie somewhat, {my dog speaks it as well as chewbacaa} but other then that i'm lost as far as what was said,except for the translation.

well he spoke half in computer tech, half in /b/tardese so it was extra confusing lol

coope
12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
will someone pleezz explain wtf is going on i still don't understand it's like jiberish

A18A
12-29-2007, 12:35 AM
^yea

frantik
12-29-2007, 04:25 AM
he just wanted to know if he could make an image board (a message board which is centered around uploading images) with a 3geez theme

it sounds like gibberish cause he used tons of slang which is popular on image boards but not really elsewhere lol

2ndGenGuy
12-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I still don't understand the whole chan craze myself.

[LoD]Miseryland
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
^^^^Chan's usually dont need to make sense^^^^:)

Itzdave (think i spelled that right) no, the idea i had isnt anything like a forum, or even how most people use imageboards in general, the idea was, i got unlimited bandwidth (traffic), 10 gigs of storage, and the servers got a 100mbps connection, making it a excellent alternative (IMO), to imageshack/photobucket sites, my idea was rather than using imageshack/photobucket to host pics, to use a imageboard, and copypasta the pic location in imagetags here, im sure we all have been victim to the dreaded, "you have used all your monthly bandwidth allocation" or equivalent errors from photobucket and whatnot, with unlimited bandwidth thats not a issue either accidentally or deliberately,
seeing as the worst gigaloading or bandwidth raep attacks can do is slow down legitamate requests rather than exceed any monthly allocations of bandwidth.

Sorry if i wasnt too clear about that before.

A18A
12-29-2007, 04:36 PM
i dont think many of us get the "too much bandwidth used" message, but yeah a imageboard dedicated to just 3g accords would be cool, and if we could just browse them whenever

frantik
12-29-2007, 05:35 PM
you can also use the 3geez wiki for image hosting but most people just use their normal image host.. hell i use imageshack lol and have tons of my own bandwidth.

[LoD]Miseryland
12-30-2007, 02:56 AM
i dont think many of us get the "too much bandwidth used" message, but yeah a imageboard dedicated to just 3g accords would be cool, and if we could just browse them whenever

ok, update, mostly because i noticed A18A's vaguely interested comment, after some sleep, i found out my mistake, and all the aids have been removed from the php pools in a delicate surgical operation (mostly involving barrels of HCL, gunfire, pipebombs and napalm, oh yea, and a keyboard), and posting and replys work properly now.

use/dont use if you will, i wont be offended, and wow, i didnt know we had a wiki here, shows how much attention ive been paying lol, :cheers: for the info